atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Rick Forsythe Executone 228 DVA Question - 04/29/05 12:46 PM
Greetings to the ruling Gods on this site!

Recently we decided to change our night-greetings, (which are accessable via Mailbox Administration), and our DVA announcements.

I dug out the instructions and successfully changed the Mailbox messages, however, I don't have anything for accessing the Digital Voice Announcement messages.

Can someone throw this old dog a bone? lol

Thanks!

RF

------------------
Posted By: Philipp Re: Executone 228 DVA Question - 04/29/05 01:19 PM
Dial extension number (silence is heard)
Touch tones won't be heard
* = erases all recordings on the DVA

101 = to record gtr 1
0 = to end recording
102 = to record gtr 2
......and so on

201 = to listen to gtr 1
202 = to listen to gtr 2
......and so on
Posted By: Rick Forsythe Re: Executone 228 DVA Question - 04/29/05 01:30 PM
I think we're close! Good information, but....ext number? I should know this, right? lol I do not. Can I find it in the programming screens maybe?

Thanks!
Posted By: Philipp Re: Executone 228 DVA Question - 04/29/05 01:43 PM
Go to "H" and type
L PT REC
press enter and it will display any recorders.
Posted By: Orac Re: Executone 228 DVA Question - 04/30/05 12:41 AM
A former Executone tech told me to be sure that the REC extensions (essentially, the DVA's) be programmed so that all 20 keys are set for:
Code
0300  0100

Using the "X" command (copy key to same phones) in the Keys programming will let you quickly copy the programming to all the DVAs after you set just one that way. Remember, use X, not C!

This will maximize the capability of the DVA to service auto-attendants, or to play on-hold message as part of an ACD sequence.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Executone 228 DVA Question - 04/30/05 06:53 AM
A former Executone tech told me to be sure that the REC extensions (essentially, the DVA's) be programmed so that all 20 keys are set for:

OK, I was an Executone Employee for 19 years

the DVA's can only answer 6 calls at one time, so, you really ONLY need 6 300 sub code 20 or 100 depending upon the software version keys. No More, No Less.
Posted By: Avidcomm Re: Executone 228 DVA Question - 04/30/05 11:07 AM
I think the DVA Auto attendant can answer as many calls as the system has DTMF receivers available. As an ACD recorder it does not have that limitation unless you are using the AA function.

------------------
HTTP://www.avidcomm.net
Talk less, say more.
Posted By: Orac Re: Executone 228 DVA Question - 05/01/05 12:28 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nonameyet:
OK, I was an Executone Employee for 19 years

the DVA's can only answer 6 calls at one time, so, you really ONLY need 6 300 sub code 20 or 100 depending upon the software version keys. No More, No Less.
</font>

Our hardware vendor says 4 lines at a time, one executone tech says all 20, you say six... Looks like nobody can agree on a number at all. Maybe the answer is in an IDS manual somewhere...
Posted By: JJ Re: Executone 228 DVA Question - 05/01/05 06:16 AM
you only need 6 LCR keys. There where a couple of different types of recorders, but they could only answer 6 calls at same time.

The newer recorders let you record longer greeting on them.

There are 6 DTMF's per combo card and 1 on the VCM/EVCM.
Posted By: Philipp Re: Executone 228 DVA Question - 05/03/05 07:52 AM
Rick,
I think we got off the subject. Were you able to locate the extension number and do you recordings?
Posted By: Doug@Aable Re: Executone 228 DVA Question - 05/03/05 01:38 PM
6 at a time is correct, but it grabs them all at once, when used as an ACD queue announcer. If you get 14 calls, it will play to 6, then grab 6 more and so on. The requirements are different when using it for ATT, I've heard anywhere from 4 to 20 at a time depending on system. All the documentation I've ever seen says have at least 6 LCR keys per recorder. Anyone else?
Posted By: Rick Forsythe Re: Executone 228 DVA Question - 05/03/05 08:58 PM
Hello,

I was hoping this thread had gotten off subject a little because I was starting to feel REALLY stupid! lol

I'm thinking that the bone for me to chase is in this reply: "Go to "H" and type
L PT REC press enter and it will display any recorders". I will have some time tomorrow to get into the programming screens and check this out. I'll post my findings!

Thanks for your reply...

Rick

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Doug@Aable:
6 at a time is correct, but it grabs them all at once, when used as an ACD queue announcer. If you get 14 calls, it will play to 6, then grab 6 more and so on. The requirements are different when using it for ATT, I've heard anywhere from 4 to 20 at a time depending on system. All the documentation I've ever seen says have at least 6 LCR keys per recorder. Anyone else?</font>
Posted By: amdpbxguy Re: Executone 228 DVA Question - 05/02/06 07:41 AM
Here is what I would do.

Put the system in Night manually or wait until you actually go into nights. At the Terminal go to system status monitor C-screen I believe. Watch the traffic it should show you the ext# when transfered to DVA. By default EXT 3200. If you are using Auto Atten. If you are using CCR or your VMX for call diversion then Depending on the group you've designated the MBOX 0001, 0002 and so on would be where you look. Hope this helps.
Posted By: paul144 Re: Executone 228 DVA Question - 05/02/06 07:58 AM
Um... as this topic was last posted on in May of 2005, I sure hope that he had already resolved this issue :rolleyes:

It is always a good idea to check the post date before posting a reply smile
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help