atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jdcce IDS 42 Setup Help - 05/07/05 11:11 AM
My grandfather recently gave me his old phone system from his office, i know it works. The Nortel People took it out when they put the new system in. I know almost nothing about this thing but need to get it working for my dads office. I know it has the main unit and the Expansion Unit. It also has this thing with two sets of pins sticking up in a long row. i need to know how to hook it all up and then program it!!!
Posted By: JJ Re: IDS 42 Setup Help - 05/07/05 11:40 AM
You can just use the main cabinet by itself.
It is capable of 4 lines and 8 stations.

You need a laptop to program with Prcomm loaded on it.

You will also need a manual on system.

Good Luck!!
Posted By: jdcce Re: IDS 42 Setup Help - 05/08/05 08:03 AM
Do you plug the telephone lines in the front where it says CO1 CO2 and so on. What kind of wire do i use for that?
Do i plug extensions in through the thing with pins stiking up? How do i know which pins?
Posted By: JJ Re: IDS 42 Setup Help - 05/08/05 05:31 PM
Telco lines goto ports labeled Co1 (central Office line 1), CO2 (Central Office Line 2), etc.

Station hookup on 66 block with a cable hooked to amphenol connector on KSU.

If you get a Executone IDS manual it will explain all of this and some.

Good Luck!!
Posted By: jdcce Re: IDS 42 Setup Help - 05/08/05 05:48 PM
If the KSU is unplugged, does it loose its configuration. Can I use this configuration?
Posted By: jdcce Re: IDS 42 Setup Help - 05/08/05 06:10 PM
Does it matter which pins i put the wire on? There are more than 4 pins in a row except for on the other side but theres no way to plug it into the ksu. It also has telephone jacks (16 of them). That is on the 66 Block.
Posted By: JJ Re: IDS 42 Setup Help - 05/09/05 03:29 AM
The battery in the KSU will keep programming for a long time, but if battery is bad you will loose it.

Each phone uses 2 pair. Starting with white/blue and white/orange pair for station 3001.
Posted By: jdcce Re: IDS 42 Setup Help - 05/09/05 04:48 PM
Which pins do i attach these to, as example 3001 connects to...
Posted By: barster Re: IDS 42 Setup Help - 05/10/05 01:05 AM
jdcce, Do you possess a good set of telecom tools? Don't be offended, but this board isn't for info. on installing a system from beginning to end to someone who's never installed a system..it's for tech's mainly. I think you might need to hire a technician.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help