atcomsystems.ca/forum
We have an IDS 432 w/Eclipse 2.0.1 and currently are using the unsupervised conference option with one of our customers on a regular basis. The question that has come up is, is there a way to limit the duration of the unsupervised conference once you drop out of the call?

I've dug through the manual and through the various programming screens but have yet to find an option that would allow me to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Geoff
I don't believe there is an option to do that. It's probably part of being "unsupervised"-- once the transfer is complete, control is largely lost.

If you knew what outbound line is in use by the conference you could reset it manually on the F screen...
Thanks Orac. That's exactly what my thoughts were but I needed to hear it from another source before I took this to my boss.
I also can't think of a timer that affects it.Once you leave an unsupervised conference you can't get back in the call.Make sure the co lines have disconnect supervision.
Wild Guess...Check the Divert Timer on the B screen... It ' Might ' have something to do with it.

Meanwhile, I'll try to think of something else....hmmmm.....
nonameyat is corrct on where to set it.

Divert Limit is a timer set in minutes that will determine the duration of a call under a divert condition. A divert condi-tion
can occur either in the Trunk Group Programming, ACD Sequence or the Forwarding and VMS Plans screens. When a trunk group is set for call diversion, any incoming call in that trunk group will be connected to an outgoing trunk in a selected group, and the designated System Speed Dial number will be dialed. When a station is forwarded to a System Speed Dial number, any incoming call to that station will be connected to an
outgoing trunk which will dial the designated System Speed Dial number.
Valid entry’s are 00 to 99. The entry 00 indicates that there is no Divert Limit. The entry 99 is equivalent to 99 minutes,
and is the maximum Divert Limit.

Good Luck!!
We actually have the Divert Limit set and it is not affecting the length of these calls. I think that is because we are manually creating the conference after talking to the initiating caller and then dropping out. I think the Divert Limit only kicks in when you forward a call to a station that is automatically set to divert the call.

So what I'm trying to do now is instead of manually creating a conference with the speed dial number is to forward the call to a station that is set in the G screen to automatically divert the call to either a system speed dial or an ACD group that triggers a forward to the system speed dial.

The problem is I cannot get the system to automatically forward the call to an outside number. All I get is dead air. The system speed dial works fine. Is there some setting, maybe in the System Options screen or elsewhere that is not allowing automatic transfers to outside numbers?

Thanks to all for your replies. Hope I didn't make this more confusing than I had to.

Geoff
When you programmed the speed dial did you put a wait for dial tone pause in it or at least a pause to make sure you have dial tone first?
I did not but I'll test that out. Need to figure out how to put the pause in first though. Makes sense, I already have dial tone when I manually test the speed dial.
OK, I attempted to use a *4 preceding the number in the System Speed Dial programming and I'm still not gettin the call connecting when programming an extension to forward to either a speed dial or an acd group that triggers the speed dial. Was the *4 the correct way to wait for dial tone?
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help