atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: miked repair help on IDS - 08/05/05 06:37 AM
I am need of help with an IDS system with operator consoles. I have the IDS with eclipse 2.0.0 and 324 ACD, I am without books and this is a answering service running 24/7. They had 5 operators running at first after a lightning strike they are down to two. I have another system that we bought refurbished and running into problems. The 1st rs232 port works with my laptop and procomm plus but not at the punch down side, the 2nd port works with both same cables and connectors punched down the same way. The I/O panel looks ok what might I not be seeing. Please help!!!!!!!!! need to get running for the weekend..
Mike D
Posted By: JJ Re: repair help on IDS - 08/08/05 03:45 AM
THe first 2 ports are RS232 and wil work with a laptop. The second 2 port (3 and 4) as Rs422 ports and willl only work with a Wyse terminal. Are you using DDI or the Rs232 port of a phone for the 5 th terminal?

You probably blew a operator terminal. It is very common. Take a good terminal to where one does not work, hook it up, reset system and see it will work there.

Good Luck!!!
Posted By: paul144 Re: repair help on IDS - 08/09/05 07:41 AM
If you need one of your Wyse terminals repaired, you can send it in to us. Just make sure you pack it REALLY well. Replacement tubes are a pain to find.

------------------
Executone/Isoetec Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited August 09, 2005).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help