atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Stac DVX Voice Mail - 02/23/06 12:45 PM
Trying to install a used DVX voice mail system. After getting through a hard drive scan and cleaning up 'bad' clusters - I finally can boot it, then it goes through internal diagnostics and gets to the screen with the 24 boxes and 'F' keys along the bottom. Problem is my 'F' keys on the terminal (computer w/ProComm) don't work. I'm set up as TVI925, Xmodem, Software flow control, 9600 baud, 8-N-1, 25 rows - 80 columns, (set) cursor in view, line wrap, block cursor, disable host printing and (not set) screen scroll, strip bit 8. Connected to the DVX via a 9-pin null modem adapter cable. The only F-key that appears to work on my computer is the 'F11' key, which re-paints the screen. Am I doing something wrong or do I maybe still have a questioinable hard drive?
Posted By: dodger Re: DVX Voice Mail - 02/24/06 07:04 AM
try tvi 950
the dvx can be very flaky as far as communicating
with it.i guess that's why we stopped selling them
Posted By: Stac Re: DVX Voice Mail - 02/24/06 08:20 AM
Thanks for the hint. Tried TVI 950 as well as all the other TVI terminal-types in ProComm and still no luck! Wouldn't think it should be this hard.....
Posted By: dodger Re: DVX Voice Mail - 02/27/06 05:56 AM
do you have another dvx somewhere to test with?
i wouldn't think that this is a harddrive trouble.
Posted By: Stac Re: DVX Voice Mail - 02/27/06 07:41 AM
I'm trying to get my hands on another DVX so I can compare. I've also ordered the manuals on CD to determine if there's some other setting I need to be aware of. I know the surface scan showed just over 100 bad 'clusters' - and 'fixed' them. Don't know where to go from this point without comparing it to a different box to see if the symptoms change......

Just another thought: Does the DVX have to be connected to the IDS system while I'm programming it? In other words - can I work on the DVX in a 'stand alone' mode?
Posted By: dodger Re: DVX Voice Mail - 03/03/06 06:14 AM
you should be able to program stand alone.
have you connected to ids to see if you can dial into it? it might not be up.
Posted By: Stac Re: DVX Voice Mail - 03/06/06 08:07 AM
Dodger - I'll hook it up to the system and try. I just received a CD with the manuals on it so will try and make sense of that. It boots up to the 'RUN DIALOGUE SCREEN WITH MENU BAR' and after that, my laptop is useless other than the F11 key.
Posted By: Stac Re: DVX Voice Mail - 03/08/06 08:15 AM
Well I secured a second IDVX and I'm able to access the menus from my laptop. Looks like the first one was bad. It's now at the "Enter Your Access Code [CMP####...]" and I don't know what the old code might have been. Is there a 'key' for this field that will let me into the On-line Programming Menu" ??
Posted By: Frankiephones Re: DVX Voice Mail - 03/08/06 08:34 AM
exc 5000 is the default
Posted By: JJ Re: DVX Voice Mail - 03/09/06 08:19 PM
If you had your laptop hookedup to the first DVA and reset ystem you should see it bootup like any other computer.
If you do not see anything the mother board has problems.

The DVA units had alot of software issues and there wgere some patches to fix these problems.

They worked differently and problems where different for each IDS product there where atached to. (42,84,108,ECPU,ACPU)

Good Luck!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help