atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: kemahlers VMS Key on Iso - 11/09/06 06:55 PM
I have an IDS 228 with Infostar voice mail. I have set up a VMS key on my M32 stations, but for some reason the VMS key does not light when a message is in the extension's v-mail box. Also, when the VMS key is pressed, the Infostar box is dialed, but it prompts for the mailbox instead of knowing which mailbox it is programmed for and just asking for the passcode.

I have set up the key as 830 with a subcode of 0000 and also a subcode of the extenstion number (say 3001), but still no luck. I must be mission something. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Kem
Posted By: nonameyet Re: VMS Key on Iso - 11/10/06 03:56 AM
Check the G screen...
Posted By: mforrence Re: VMS Key on Iso - 11/10/06 04:20 AM
The key not lighting is generally an issue with the MWI field in voicemail.
When pressing, issue is either the mailbox field in G screen or the mailbox listed in G screen does not exist in voicemail.
Did this work before and now doesn't?
Mike
Posted By: velotech Re: VMS Key on Iso - 11/10/06 06:24 PM
I'm not hugely familiar with the 228, but if it's anything like the 84, I'd check the G screen and make sure you have the proper extension in the box# field and also put a # in the pf field.

As for the infostar, if you check the M screen, make sure you have the proper sequence for the MWI on and off sequences. On sequence should be set to 76 and off sequence should be set to 77. Also, check your integration type, if you are using in-band signalling (non-serial) make sure "Integration Type" in the M screen is blank. I'm not sure which code to use for the serial signalling.

Hope that helps.
Posted By: benedogg Re: VMS Key on Iso - 11/13/06 07:40 AM
On the main programming screen of the phone system, be sure that the dim VMS is showing after the options: toward the top of the screen. It may have lost the VMS option.
Posted By: mforrence Re: VMS Key on Iso - 11/13/06 11:47 AM
I believe that if the VMS option is gone, the 830 VMS key won't do anything when pressed...
Mike
Posted By: JJ Re: VMS Key on Iso - 11/13/06 12:55 PM
If this is a new mailbox?

Check thr "G" screen voicemail/forwarding screen.

Good Luck!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help