atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: GShatz Front Door Bell - 01/07/08 12:59 PM
We have a small intercom (Viking) in our front lobby that rings through a CO line to an ACD group, that has been working for years. A couple of weeks ago out of the blue it stopped working.

I've physically replaced the unit, you hear the box generating a ring tone, but it never rings to the folks logged in to the proper ACD group.

I've poked around on the System Programming screen, changed a couple of things but when they didn't correct the problem all settings were reverted to what they were when I started troubleshooting.

A little bit at a loss now as to where to take this troubleshooting. Any ideas?
Posted By: GShatz Re: Front Door Bell - 01/07/08 01:11 PM
Sorry, forgot to mentioned that we're on an IDS 432 system.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Front Door Bell - 01/07/08 02:44 PM
When you are in the "C" screen and someone pushes the button what do you see?
Posted By: GShatz Re: Front Door Bell - 01/08/08 09:28 AM
George, Thanks for your reply, didn't think to do this. There was a decent amount of activity on the C Screen since we're at our busiest right now, but we're not seeing any activity related to the CO port the bell if hooked into.
Posted By: GShatz Re: Front Door Bell - 01/08/08 09:41 AM
Problem Fixed!! Checking out the C Screen and not seeing any activity had me digging further in our wiring closet. Lo and behold after tracing the pair from the CO port to a punch down block that then leads to the intercom box, I noticed one loose wire that was causing the problem. Thanks for jogging my brain enough so that I looked in this direction.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Front Door Bell - 01/09/08 07:40 AM
well i'm glad i could help
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help