atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: NWA Telcom IDS 42 resetting - 11/05/08 05:15 AM
I have an ids 42 that keeps resetting by itself. Software version is 8.2.4. Sometimes it will reset consistently, sometimes a few times a day. I have swapped out the ksu and expansion ksu, grounded and ungrounded the system, installed a ups. I have tried to isolate bad cable, but can't seem to find a pattern to the resetting. Has anyone else had this problem? I would appreciate your help.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: IDS 42 resetting - 11/05/08 06:56 PM
"I have swapped out the ksu and expansion ksu"

and it's Still resetting?

Installed a UPS? and it's STILL resetting?

Time to Move out of that Building frown
Posted By: pvj Re: IDS 42 resetting - 11/05/08 08:50 PM
Yes I agree.Is there anything else that can be causing this?What type of environment is this syetm in?
Posted By: Toshiba Bob Re: IDS 42 resetting - 11/06/08 05:59 AM
It may be a external power related issue?
Reminds me of a Fox TV station that I installed a EZ-96 in and they added a huge flashing sign and the electrician messed up and surges were coming causing the EZ-96 to reset.
Posted By: NWA Telcom Re: IDS 42 resetting - 11/06/08 07:16 AM
I have seen this problem happen at a different location before. The problem was caused by a bad base cord that kept being rolled over by a chair. But, I am still thinking it could be a power problem.
I recently disconnected the grounds from the KSU, we will see what happens.
Posted By: busyfonman Re: IDS 42 resetting - 11/06/08 03:20 PM
I too have seen this exact problem before. You might want to ask the customer if any of their people are getting static shocks when they answer the phone. After spending countless days of frustration chasing a similar ghost, I was fortunate enough to make the shocking observation that every time the receptionist answered the phone she got a static blast. As a result I was also fortunate enough to watch the phones start to wig out just before the system would reset. The root of all evil turned out to be the results of static shocks caused by the low winter humidity, her leather soled shoes, & the offices nylon carpets. The phone would ring, she would shuffle across the room to answer it, & ZAP!!! As she wasn't too keen on the idea of giving up the clothing we had to settle on having the carpet treated with anti-static spray. Hope it helps you
Posted By: Bellhanger Re: IDS 42 resetting - 11/07/08 10:04 AM
Do you have the Reset Disable option set to No or Yes?
Posted By: NWA Telcom Re: IDS 42 resetting - 11/08/08 07:54 AM
The reset enabled is set to yes. However, I did turn it to no for the sake of observation, but it didn't help any. It is very possible it could be something on the lines of the static problem that was mentioned, judging from the way it has been acting.
Posted By: juno Re: IDS 42 resetting - 11/09/08 05:13 AM
Check your phones the M phones caused the same touble had two that if used to answer the system reset check your error log on the phones.
Juno
Posted By: NWA Telcom Re: IDS 42 resetting - 11/10/08 11:06 AM
I don't know how to read those error logs, could you help me with that?
Posted By: Bellhanger Re: IDS 42 resetting - 11/11/08 05:01 PM
NWA:

The Reset Enable that I am referring to is in the software diags area. If set to "NO" the system will reset every 3 hours if idle. If set to "YES" the system will only reset following the times set on the B screen.
Posted By: TJMCAPS Re: IDS 42 resetting - 11/11/08 10:19 PM
Try an oneac power conditioner. a CL1102
(2 amp) should cover both cabinets. they were required on all Executone installs. IDS systems were sensitive to power problems. The only thing it will not fix is a momenetary power outage, you will need a UPS for that. a cheap way of determining if you have this problem is plugging in an alarm clock and see if it resets to 12:00 due to a power outage. if so, buy a small UPS. plug the Oneac into it and the system into the oneac.
Posted By: NWA Telcom Re: IDS 42 resetting - 11/13/08 07:53 AM
Thanks to everyone for all the advice, I appreciate it.
Posted By: timothy stewart Re: IDS 42 resetting - 01/03/09 08:52 PM
look in B screen check to see if the reset is set to no and 0 out the reset time
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help