atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: vanter Infostar VX2 Duplicate Messages - 11/17/08 06:59 AM
Hello,

I've stumbled upon this very helpful community forum and wondered if maybe anyone could offer their expertise in assistance. I have an Infostar VX2 system which has been working well until recently. A few weeks ago, the system lost power. Since then, everyone has been getting duplicate voicemails. The system will tell users that they have twice the number of messages and play each message twice. As the system boots, there's a file error in C:\MAIL\BTR\MSGINFO.BTR (Err 12 File 14). I've tried running the integrated chkdsk on the system, but it's not fixing it. Scandisk didn't exist until DOS version 6.2, so I can't run that.
The loss of power was also the same weekend as the daylight savings change over, so I thought that resetting the time and date might have something to do with it, but I'm leaning more towards the file error.

I'd really appreciate any insight or assistance anyone can offer.

Thanks!
Posted By: NWA Telcom Re: Infostar VX2 Duplicate Messages - 11/17/08 07:52 AM
Take the unit down to dos. Go to the c:\mail\zip directory, and there you will find a copy of the original file msginfo.btr. I would try and copy that file from the zip directory to the c:\mail\btr directory. There are also 2 other files in the zip directory that tech support used to tell us to copy over to the btr dirictory when we had problems. They are menu.btr, and task.btr. I would copy those over as well.
Posted By: vanter Re: Infostar VX2 Duplicate Messages - 11/17/08 09:56 AM
Fantastic!! It seems like that worked perfectly. I feel foolish now for not figuring that one out on my own.
Thank you so much!

-Justin
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help