atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: araallison Executone Model 32 w/ 7 phones issues - 02/08/10 09:49 AM
When we moved into our office 5 years ago, we had enough ports installed for 24 phones and 24 newtork cables (internet) installed in each of the offices. I can tell that all of the wiring goes into where the brain of the phone system is installed. I am trying to take a phone off of 1 port and use it on the opposite wall where another port is located. However, it doesn't power up at all. Is this something to do with programming inside of Procomm or is it hard wiring issue. I am pretty techy savvy but I went into Procomm and couldn't find a screen where I could change a port number for my extension. I have tried to reset the phone system but that didn't work. Please help!

Any help would be great. I am located in NW Houston, Texas. Thanks!!!
Posted By: araallison Re: Executone Model 32 w/ 7 phones issues - 02/08/10 09:50 AM
my email is [email protected]
Posted By: mforrence Re: Executone Model 32 w/ 7 phones issues - 02/08/10 12:50 PM
It's a hard wiring issue.
Posted By: araallison Re: Executone Model 32 w/ 7 phones issues - 02/08/10 01:33 PM
Is it hard to fix myself? I am pretty smart.. and all of our ports are numbered which was smart of them.
Posted By: mforrence Re: Executone Model 32 w/ 7 phones issues - 02/08/10 01:40 PM
While I'm sure that you're very smart, if you're asking the question, it means that you're not familiar with your cable plant. The goal is to extend a phone system port to the desired jack. If you know how to do that, and have the appropriate tools, it's easy. If it's all modular, at the main frame, unplug the voice cable that supplied your old jack and plug it into the port corresponding to your new jack.
Mike
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help