atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dperry1 Programming software - 02/15/10 06:39 PM
I am wondering if there is a software program that is compatible with Windows 7 for programming the IDS.
Posted By: mforrence Re: Programming software - 02/16/10 03:42 AM
I've successfully run Procomm Plus on windows 7.
Mike
Posted By: dperry1 Re: Programming software - 02/16/10 04:30 AM
What software version of Procomm Plus are you running? I tried to install Procomm but I get a compatibility error with a 32 bit version and my windows 7 is a 64 bit version. Any suggestions?? Thanks.
Posted By: mforrence Re: Programming software - 02/16/10 10:45 AM
All you really need is terminal software that will emulate a televideo 950 terminal. There was an "advanced" version of Hyperterminal that did this. I'm running PCPlus 95 (yes, for Windows 95). When you load it on an XP machine it will give a dire warning, but will work anyway. Don't know about the 64 bit thing...
Mike
Posted By: Avidcomm Re: Programming software - 02/16/10 11:40 AM
I had the same problem trying to install on Windows 7. As far as I know it didn't install but I must admit after getting the 64 bit thing I didn't check.
Posted By: dperry1 Re: Programming software - 02/16/10 02:36 PM
Mike are you running PCPlus 95 on a Windows & machine? Do you know where to get the "advanced" version of Hyperterminal as most Hyperterminal versions do not give you the TVI emulation option?
Posted By: dperry1 Re: Programming software - 02/16/10 02:40 PM
Sorry Windows 7 machine...
Posted By: mforrence Re: Programming software - 02/16/10 04:28 PM
Yes, running PCPlus for Win95 on Win7 machine. The folks that make/made Hyperterminal (Hilgraeve Inc) made a "paid" version that included TVI emulation. I have a couple of customers that used this version
Mike
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help