atcomsystems.ca/forum
This is my first post on this forum so please let me know if I need to do something different.
I have an Executone IDS phone system. When I log on through a PC using Procomm the first line says "Welcome to the System IDS(C) Executone Information Systems, Inc.. The Version shows: ECPU 6.0.8. As of last Friday several of the phones starting making noises, flashing lights, and displaying 88888888's. Some calls are being dropped, but others are able to stay connected and the other party does not hear any noise.

Any suggestions as to what this could be?
We have tried to swap out the station cards with new refurbished ones and the system seemed not to recognize the new card even though it was the exact same model number.
The memory retention battery is failing on your system's processor card. These systems require that the battery be intact in order to function.

You are going to need to get a dealer over there soon to capture a database backup soon. They will then be able to transfer this to a replacement processor card to keep you going. Don't spend too much time shopping for the lowest price because time is of the essence.

One power outage of more than an hour will render your system to default levels. Don't take the risk.
The problem may well be the battery but before you go there consider some other things. Was there a storm before the problems? Are the phones that are acting up on the same cards or in the same area? After a storm or a bad case of static, I have had to shut of the system, remove the CPU and the EVCM and then reinsert the cards before turning it back on. If the battery is bad, you will lose your programming data and your options. It's a risk. Do a backup. I have had phones show 88888's and recycle from being bad, having a bad line cord under a chair floor mat, a loose amphenol and having a metal mop handle leaning on the connecting blocks.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EV607797:
These systems require that the battery be intact in order to function.
[/QUOTE

The Battery is there to hold the system programming and any options that may have been added. It Only comes into play when there is no power to the system. If the battery(s) are Good, they will hold that programming for well over 1 year.

Most likely what is going on in the OP system is a bad phone or 2, basic troubleshooting. pull the bridge clips, does the phone work at the MDF?, etc.
We have an Executone IDS system 108.
We actually removed one station card from the phone system and everything else seemed to work ok for about 24 hours. Then we decided to test the new station cards again. Things got worse and we lost all of the extensions in the F screen. I re-entered them and then put the good card back in the phone system. Things seemed to be working again, so I had a tech onsite repunch the important extensions to the station card that was in and working. Since then we are having the problems on all the phones. I have tried clearing out the extension in the F screen of the ones I had switched. That did not seem to help. We have reset the system without pulling out the EVCM and the CPU cards; And things seem to work for a few minutes.
Does anyone have a company to recommend in San Diego, CA or Vista, CA that knows how to work on the Executone IDS system 108?
Jackie
If you have had the cards in and out I would look really close at the tail attached to the card, if it's screwed down too tight you have an issue too loose same issue. It was a little temperamental sometimes to get them seated top and bottom. I would highly recommend taking a download today. Plug in go to the D screen and select save name the file with a .pgm as the file extension. Where you have been re-booting the system trying to get it working properly can be hard on the battery
Posted By: END Re: Several phones with strange things happening - 04/17/10 07:12 AM
Jackie
I would recommend the following:
- Log on to the phone system and go to the F screen.
- Install the second station card and do not plug in the Amphenol connector.
Does the system recognize the station card?
Can you program the extension in the F screen?
- If yes, disconnect all phones (unplug from the base of the phone) and reconnect the Amphenol connector to the station card.
Does the system still recognize the station card?
- If yes, plug in one phone and check the F screen for the correct programming.
Follow this procedure for each phone.

If the phones system runs with one station card installed and fails when the second card is installed, problem may be with the system power supply. (I’m assuming the second station card tested ok)

Good luck
Walt
Did you try any of the installers listed on the Sundance site?
"Jackie
I would recommend the following:
- Log on to the phone system and go to the F screen.
- Install the second station card and do not plug in the Amphenol connector.
Does the system recognize the station card?
Can you program the extension in the F screen?
- If yes, disconnect all phones (unplug from the base of the phone) and reconnect the Amphenol connector to the station card.
Does the system still recognize the station card?
- If yes, plug in one phone and check the F screen for the correct programming.
Follow this procedure for each phone.

If the phones system runs with one station card installed and fails when the second card is installed, problem may be with the system power supply. (I’m assuming the second station card tested ok)

Good luck
Walt "

If the system recognizes the station card, does that just mean it will show "Stn" next to the card number? The card is in right now, and it does read "Stn" next to it, but I have not lights on any of the extensions. Even the ones plugged in.
to the right of where it says stn did you put ext numbers in the screen you need numbers starting with 3000 and going up with no duplicate numbers. This will need to be done before you will get anything out of the phones on that card
Randy
The extensions are listed in the F screen next to the Stn. At one point we did loose all of them and I did have to re-enter them, but I had a screen print out so it wasn't a problem.
When you go off hook you should see the ext number highlighted in the F-screen if not your system is not seeing the phone, either because of a wiring issue, connection issue or even a bad phone
Randy
Which position is this card in the cabinet? F-Screen will tell you that. You may be having a power supply issue or that card slot is corrupt.
Installing cards while looking at the configuration screen did cause issues with the eariler software. So I would not recommend having the F-Screen up on your lap top or operator terminal while putting cards into the system. Also make sure you have no holes in the configuration. I.E. Ports without extension numbers assigned. As that also causes time slot issues. 888888 on the display of the phone means it is not communicating with the system. But sure you have determined that. And yes testing the card to see if it looks ok without amp connector then connecting then 1 at a time is a excellent procedure to follow. Need additional help feel free to email.
I have had a couple different techs look at the phone system. Neither one was able to pinpoint the exact problem. I am being told that it could be the KSU 108 or the cpu card. I am looking for more information on the CPU card. The one we have is an ECPU, but I have been informed that after Y2k the ECPU was replaced with ACPU. I have also discovered that there are differnt model numbers. Example 21380, 21380-8+, 21380-6. So I am trying to figure out what is the model number that I need and how do I tell if it has the options/features that I currently have. Thank you again for your input.
If You decide to change out the CPU, I have several ECPU's I can put any option you need on them, If you can backup the current system programming and email it, I can Load it to the (new) CPU. send me a PM if interested
Jackie, Email sent.
Brian -did you get my email?
I've seen weak power supplies cause weirda and intermittent problems like you are describing.
Don't think a CPU is causing your issues but it looks like Brian is helping you with replacement.
Good Luck and hope it works. Sounds like a slot issue or power supply.
If you need additional help or suggestions you are welcome to email me. Will be happy to assist
Originally posted by mc601:
Don't think a CPU is causing your issues but it looks like Brian is helping you with replacement.
Good Luck and hope it works. Sounds like a slot issue or power supply.
I did have a tech check the voltage and he said it was fine and it was not the power supply. I am ordering a KSU 108 and the cpu. Hopefully between both of those parts, my phone problems will be fixed soon! Thank you for everyone's help.
Originally posted by mc601:
If you need additional help or suggestions you are welcome to email me. Will be happy to assist
Thank you. I will remember that for the future. smile
Ok - The phone system is finally fixed! It was the power supply. No thanks to the first tech that I had out onsite. He apparently did not know what he was talking about. Thanks to everyone for their help.
Glad to hear it's repaired. As as before if you need help just email.
IDS systems are good systems. Know parts are getting harder to get but they are out there. Just have to look for them.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help