atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: newtothisgame ProComm Plus not responding - 07/06/11 01:58 PM
Need some help here. I'm dealing with an Executone phone system (if you need specs, please tell me where to get them, and I'll be happy to post) and using Procomm Plus as my terminal emulation program to access the system. There's two parts to my query:

1) Occasionally - procomm will not allow access to the phone system. The program will open on the correct port, but will not allow me to interface with the system. I've tried restarting the server PROCOMM is on, disconnecting the serial cables, even going so far as to reinstall Procomm, but this doesn't help. I'm figuring that it's an executone thing - does anyone know about this problem, and is there a fix?

2) We've recently upgraded our back end servers to a newer windows platform (Windows Server 2008 R2 from Win2k) - will ProComm Plus still work on this platform, or is there another, newer, Terminal Emulator we'll need to get.

Thanks in advance for any help!
M
Posted By: mforrence Re: ProComm Plus not responding - 07/06/11 02:24 PM
Two responses:
1. Reboot the IDS and see if that fixes the procomm lockup issue. IDS I/O ports can lock. I also use no flow control.
2. If it were me, I'd keep an old lame PC around with Procomm loaded - easier than trying to fit the square peg into the Win2008R2 round hole.
Mike
Posted By: newtothisgame Re: ProComm Plus not responding - 07/07/11 06:16 AM
Originally posted by mforrence:
Two responses:
1. Reboot the IDS and see if that fixes the procomm lockup issue. IDS I/O ports can lock. I also use no flow control.
2. If it were me, I'd keep an old lame PC around with Procomm loaded - easier than trying to fit the square peg into the Win2008R2 round hole.
Mike
1. Is that rebooting the whole phone system? That really makes me nervous! Flow control - that's found in Procomm?

2. I think that's what we're leaning towards, but wanted to see if there were other options out there.

I'll see if I can do this...thanks!
Posted By: newtothisgame Re: ProComm Plus not responding - 07/07/11 06:58 AM
We also do not use flow control in ProComm Plus.

Without the UI for the IDS, is there a way to shut it down safely besides just powering it down?
Posted By: daneboy330 Re: ProComm Plus not responding - 07/11/11 06:29 PM
Press the reset button.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help