atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: kestep Executone Medley - Damaged? - 09/23/11 04:09 AM
I am helping with an Executone Medley system. The system was installed in an office and working. The system was moved to a new office. Three extensions no longer work.

I have verified the 66 block wiring, and tried a known working phone connected directly at the block. The phones did not work at the block either.

When I connect a phone to a working port I get an immediate reaction on the phone display and it comes up in a few seconds. When I connect to one of the non-working ports, I get nothing.

Given other issues seen at the install site, I'm concerned that these extensions could have been initially miswired.

Has anyone seen issues with failed ports?

Could it be a programming issue?

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: juno Re: Executone Medley - Damaged? - 09/23/11 04:43 AM
Yes you can have bad ports wires may have shorted
out. If you need ports you can change the card.
Juno
Posted By: kestep Re: Executone Medley - Damaged? - 09/23/11 04:57 PM
Thanks Juno.

So the ports are on a replaceable card?

Or do you have to swap out the main board?
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Executone Medley - Damaged? - 09/24/11 08:11 AM
How many port cards are in the system? the cards are all the same, 4 lines ,8 digital, and 2 analog( but) the analog ports will only work on the card in the First slot.
Posted By: mc601 Re: Executone Medley - Damaged? - 09/24/11 11:33 AM
Maybe the amp to the cabinet is wired wrong? Or card came loose during transport?
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: Executone Medley - Damaged? - 09/24/11 07:32 PM
or the tail isn't seated tight to the card...... cards are swappable just not hot. Hook a PC to the DB9 port and dump a copy of the database to the PC so you have a paper copy of the program before you start moving cards around. This will save you a TON of frustration if the system gets defaulted
Randy
Posted By: kestep Re: Executone Medley - Damaged? - 09/25/11 04:43 PM
Originally posted by nonameyet:
How many port cards are in the system? the cards are all the same, 4 lines ,8 digital, and 2 analog( but) the analog ports will only work on the card in the First slot.
I guess it only has the one card: 4 CO lines and 8 digital ports.
Posted By: kestep Re: Executone Medley - Damaged? - 09/25/11 04:44 PM
Originally posted by mc601:
Maybe the amp to the cabinet is wired wrong? Or card came loose during transport?
I'll double check the card. I did check the wiring and it appears to be correct.
Posted By: kestep Re: Executone Medley - Damaged? - 09/25/11 04:46 PM
Originally posted by MVSpeed:
or the tail isn't seated tight to the card...... cards are swappable just not hot. Hook a PC to the DB9 port and dump a copy of the database to the PC so you have a paper copy of the program before you start moving cards around. This will save you a TON of frustration if the system gets defaulted
Randy
Excellent point. I'll give it a goo next time I'm there.

If I have a copy (dump) of the config and we have to replace the system with another, can the config be uploaded to the new system?
Posted By: mc601 Re: Executone Medley - Damaged? - 09/25/11 05:43 PM
No cannot reload have to program with phone or PC
Posted By: jjmaly Re: Executone Medley - Damaged? - 11/14/11 04:28 PM
check the Emphenol cable
take a meter and measure the voltage on a good port and then on bad port. pin 1 and 3 should have about 24V DC and same for pin 2 and 4.
if there is still nothing then your 4x8 card has bad ports.
I have plenty of them and don't forget to replace the hard drive with new one. We have Flash Drives for the Medley systems, Find me and I can help you.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help