atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: xenolith Gathering data on existing system - 03/14/13 12:31 AM
Hello all. I am working on a cutover project from an Executone system to Cisco UCM. I'm afraid I know very little about the Executone system, but am trying to gather as much data as I can about it. I'm afraid I don't know which system it is, but there are 3 wall mounted cabinets and it has phones M18, M32 and M64 on it, if that helps you any. I have learned how the cards count and can identify which ports have what extensions (from the phone room terminal F-screen).

The system is fed by PRIs. The next thing I hope to accomplish is map which DIDs go to which extensions. Unfortunately this system is a bit odd, as people tell me their internal extension is 9996, but their DID is NXX-8996 for example. Can someone shed some light on which menus I would find this or how to gather it? I have the full list of DIDs from the telco, and suspect many are not in use, just trying to learn how they are mapped.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
Posted By: cbipbx Re: Gathering data on existing system - 03/14/13 12:39 PM
xenolith;
The mapping for the DID number can be found under Digit
Translation table. Its not listed as DID Programming on the Main menu. Hope this helps.
Posted By: mc601 Re: Gathering data on existing system - 03/14/13 03:01 PM
If you would like remote help please feel free to send me a PM.
Can provide you with information about system from configuration, DID information and routing, phone and line counts.
Or explain screens to you real time.
Posted By: xenolith Re: Gathering data on existing system - 03/17/13 03:31 AM
Thank you both for your replies. I will be back at the site this coming week and will see how far I can get. We were covered up last week with contractor on site setting the new phones. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Posted By: TJMCAPS Re: Gathering data on existing system - 03/22/13 10:17 PM
The old "Y" "A" screens. so easy to program and flexible as hell. IT could translate to any extension, group, outside line, ID number etc. I don't really see anything as robust as this screen in the newer systems, and it was designed over 25 years ago.
That and the "C" screen, one of the most intuitive troubleshooting tools ever created. The newer manufacturers should be as inventive as executone was. Too bad it had "shi--y management, the product was the best!
Tj
Posted By: mc601 Re: Gathering data on existing system - 03/23/13 03:00 PM
Oh how true that is TJ. That's why Intertel (now Mitel) wanted the software rights. So they could get rid of the product as it was their number 1 competition.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Gathering data on existing system - 03/25/13 06:56 PM
No Other System I have Ever worked with had that ' C ' Screen. what an Awesome Tech Tool !!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gathering data on existing system - 03/27/13 04:00 PM
AMEN
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help