atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Avidcomm Ancient Intercom History request - 07/18/19 12:12 AM
I have a couple wood cabinet intercom boxes. The ones with Tubes inside for amplifiers and a little lever you push to talk.
Remember the old movies where the executive would push and talk to his secretary in the outer office?
Looks like real simple 3 wire hook up. Does anybody have any notes or documents on these.

Thanks in advance

Jeff
Any pictures Jeff?

Here is a link on how to post images on this site: Click me!
Posted By: Avidcomm Re: Ancient Intercom History request - 04/07/20 05:31 PM
Added photos in the Photo forum

Seems to be a Model 356 made in the 30s
Here ya go!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Ancient Intercom History request - 04/13/20 06:42 PM
Way before My time...but, I can ask around ..
Posted By: metelcom Re: Ancient Intercom History request - 04/13/20 08:50 PM
This is before my time also but I do have some info for it. There should be a multi button base on the bottom of it.

Executone Intercom Model 356. Unit is a Central Control Master Station with tube amp from the 1930's. This early model executive station was used for direct 2 way conversation within a building. There are 8 bakelite push button selectors including a white cancel button. Two toggles are also bakelite. Right toggle is the on / off volume control. Left toggle is a talk lever. Features are "privacy features, stand by silence, executive right of way, auto busy signal and pilot light indicator". Cabinet is wood with a walnut veneer. Unit wires up with a bundled cloth covered cable that leads to a metal connections box with 6 separate terminals. Model 356 has a 2 1/2 watt booster amplifier.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Ancient Intercom History request - 04/14/20 03:05 AM
Merritt, you sure this is before your time ?
Posted By: hbiss Re: Ancient Intercom History request - 04/14/20 05:56 PM
Executone Intercom Model 356. Unit is a Central Control Master Station with tube amp from the 1930's.

I don't think you would see a 35Z5 and a 50L6 in something from the 30's. 40's maybe. I did find this with a picture of the chassis.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/antique-executone-intercom-model-356-441504211

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help