atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: HSmith Caller ID change on VoIP lines - 03/21/05 04:57 AM
Hi,
I have 12 Vonage lines plugged into an analog Panasonic PBX that I use to make and receive country-wide calls to my customers.
However, when I call out to my customers the numbers that appear to them are the Vonage numbers that are in the Motorola boxes they provided me and instead I would like to make their phones display the number I have in my business card, which is a regular US landline phone.
Does anybody know a solution (hardware + sofware) that I could use for this purposes?
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Caller ID change on VoIP lines - 03/21/05 08:27 AM
That sounds like a question for Vonage. The problem is that your outbound ID is being sent as the number you are calling from. You would need to find out from Vonage whether they could send a different number as your outbound calling number ID.

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA
Posted By: jwooten Re: Caller ID change on VoIP lines - 03/21/05 10:43 AM
What you want to do is called caller id spoofing. https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7235764/
If the link works, it provides some interesting reading in regards to your issue.
Posted By: Milestone Re: Caller ID change on VoIP lines - 03/22/05 07:44 AM
That is an issue with Vonage, I take it that you can't port your numbers over?
The Caller ID spoofing is naturally of great concern with all providers, currently with Vonage if you can port your number that will be dispayed but will show Vonage as the name, not ideal either.

------------------
One stop Voice and Data Solutions VoIP
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help