atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: junkman Vonage on satellite internet - 04/13/05 10:58 AM
I know satellite will have more delay, like dialing an overseas number, but other than that will it work? I don't care if it sounds like a bad cellphone connection, as long as it's understandable.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Vonage on satellite internet - 04/13/05 12:07 PM
You know, I bet the latency is so great that it won't work right at all. You might want to talk to vonage and see if it'll work or shall I say work well. I mean, your downstream is satellite and upstream a modem?
Posted By: aweaver Re: Vonage on satellite internet - 04/13/05 02:11 PM
I had the opportunity to do this & the results were not very satisfactory but it did work. Might be acceptable if this is your only means of communication with the outside world.
Posted By: junkman Re: Vonage on satellite internet - 04/13/05 02:23 PM
Satellite up and down, for the county mobile emergency command center. They want a system that's as failproof as possible. Currently they're looking at a switch that will have 1 or 2 landlines, 1 or 2 voip lines on satellite, and 3-5 lines using cellphone adapters. In other words, if it hits the fan they want to be able to communicate.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Vonage on satellite internet - 04/13/05 05:02 PM
The last time I used a Satellite connect it was on the Sprint bus trying out the VOIP. It worked, actually sounded ok but you could tell it was like hello?...3-4 sec pause Hi!...you get the idea
Posted By: junkman Re: Vonage on satellite internet - 04/13/05 05:21 PM
Vonage said that the delay might be objectionable but it should work. Thanks for the input.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help