atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jcbailey BLF & Call Pickup - 03/17/08 08:41 AM
Ok.. I've got another one.. I'm now running Asterisk 1.4.18 and using a variety of Aastra phones (9133i mostly, a 480i, and a 571).

I've got BLF working fine, but can't get directed call pickup working. I've got "directed call pickup: 1" in the config file, but if I hit the flashing BLF key when the phone is ringing, it just dials the monitored extension.. Ideas?
Posted By: Kumba Re: BLF & Call Pickup - 03/18/08 05:03 AM
You need to set-up meetme rooms and have the incoming lines drop into the meetme rooms, then you configure the BLF button to dial into that room when you press it.
Posted By: jcbailey Re: BLF & Call Pickup - 03/18/08 11:05 AM
So the short answer is that it just doesn't work right with the older Aastra phones? BTW, I do have it working with a prefix on the new 5i series phones. They just dial "001${EXTEN}" to pickup the call.
Posted By: Kumba Re: BLF & Call Pickup - 03/18/08 01:29 PM
It's actually more of an Asterisk thing then a phone thing unless your phone is sending the wrong call pick-up code/extension.

I.E. if the older phones aren't dialing "001${EXTEN}" to pick up the line, but something else. That to me would be some kind of configuration problem in the phone.
Posted By: jcbailey Re: BLF & Call Pickup - 03/18/08 03:25 PM
From what I understand, the older phones (and the 5i series without the prefix option) use some SIP "magic" to make it work.. Ah well.. Back to the drawing board. We'll probably be rolling out mostly 57i phones, so this will probably not be an issue. I just wanted it to work on the other phones.

Maybe I'll just contact Aastra..
Posted By: Kumba Re: BLF & Call Pickup - 03/18/08 04:17 PM
If you cant override or control the "response" behaviour of the phone then there's not much else asterisk can do. If when you press the BLF key it dials the extensions then you cant code around it. Are you sure there's not an option in the phone's config for BLF key callback? Not sure if that translates in Aastra but in Polycom you can control the "callback" behaviour of BLF. More specifically, you specify a "registration" context to submit BLF call-back's through, which is where you have Asterisk handle a BLF call differently then a regular Call.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help