atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bill F Comdial FX-II IPRIMO power problem - 08/08/08 12:53 PM
Currently running IPRIMO in 9 locations across USA...all of a sudden I have 3 phones that the power cord cuts out and the users have to re-boot several times in a day. Anythoughts to a quick cure? If you jiggle the cord...they work...if you move the phones...they cut out...it is not a power cord issue...it must be the jack...

HELP!
I've always thought the female receptable was prone to premature wear from multiple connects and disconnects. I always instrust people to unplug the power brick at the wall rather than the back of the set. I haven't opened a base to see how hard it would be to tighten/repair but I will look later.
Update: Curiousity was killing me...I took an Iprimo and removed the seven screws on the base. After removing the 2 port hub I noticed the power receptacle was built into the board. There is a center pole and a side contact. The side contact is what takes the beating as the hole is slightly larger than the male connector. After straightening a paper clip and bending one end with needlenose pliers about 1/8 inch long I was able to pull the side conductor back to it's near factory strength. No more wobble but I'm sure the problem would return if the connection keeps getting disconnected and reconnected. Lame fix but it works. Off to the Patent office for the IPrimo power restoration tool. :rofl:
Posted By: Bill F Re: Comdial FX-II IPRIMO power problem - 08/11/08 09:03 AM
thanks a ton for your thoughts...I have 3 down in the last week.

I'll try this...fix
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help