atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dcwave Need Gateway - 05/05/09 12:26 PM
Greetings,

My company makes a TDM based dialer/IVR. We have been getting a lot of requests lately for SIP trunk connectivity due to the carriers charging much higher fees when dialers are used on a TDM network. In order for us to natively do this there is some programming and hardware changes needed. In the meantime I would like to offer my customers a gateway so that they can connect to a SIP service provider.

I would like some recommendations on gateways that can provide between 4 and 16 T1/PRI ports, is easy to setup and maintain.

If anyone has questions or suggestions I welcome those as well.
Thanks,
Dave
Posted By: p2ii Re: Need Gateway - 05/06/09 07:56 AM
Audiocodes makes very high quality IP gateways. The Mediant 1000 supports up to 4 t-1, e-1 circuits and the Mediant 2000 supports up to 16 circuits.
Posted By: dcwave Re: Need Gateway - 05/06/09 08:02 AM
Thanks I will check them out.
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: Need Gateway - 05/06/09 09:12 AM
I second AudioCodes.. Good company and easy to setup.
Posted By: RobCalltrol Re: Need Gateway - 05/11/09 10:42 AM
We have used VegaStream boxes for a while. We have a couple old customers who took it upon themselves to build Asterisk boxes with T1 interfaces and configured them as gateways.
Posted By: Kumba Re: Need Gateway - 05/11/09 01:58 PM
I've used Asterisk and Sangoma Net Border Express as a T1 to SIP gateway. All had their pluses and minuses.

The most bang for the buck for me was using Asterisk. I could fit 8 T1's into a single 1U machine.
Posted By: cheaptech Re: Need Gateway - 05/11/09 07:48 PM
Adtran makes some fine products
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help