atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: johhz linksys psp2 - 11/20/09 06:06 PM
We had a linksys psp2 hooked up to vonage service. We have since disconnected that service and want to unlock the psp2. Anyone got any ideas on how to do that? We've searched google and found lots of information, but no real unlock cures yet.
Thanks
Posted By: p2ii Re: linksys psp2 - 11/20/09 07:30 PM
PM sent
Posted By: hawk82 Re: linksys psp2 - 11/21/09 05:30 AM
Do you mean the Linksys PAP2? If so, unless you grabbed the GPP key from the web interface of the PAP2 before Vonage was hooked to it, you're probably out of luck.

Supposedly there is a guy on DSLReports.com who can unlock these devices. He charges a fee though. If I recall, you need to hook the device to the internet and he can remote into the unit and unlock it. I'll see if I can find that thread where he mentioned this.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: linksys psp2 - 11/21/09 08:37 AM
If I remember correctly the unlocking sequence was firmware dependant. You might try this
Posted By: johhz Re: linksys psp2 - 11/21/09 05:28 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions so far. It was indeed hooked up and used on vonage for 4 years.
We'll let everyone know if we find out anymore information.
Posted By: hawk82 Re: linksys psp2 - 11/23/09 07:00 PM
Originally posted by RATHER BE FISHING:
If I remember correctly the unlocking sequence was firmware dependant. You might try this
This only works if you have not connected the (original) PAP2 to the internet. Otherwise once it connects and downloads the TFTP file, vonage pushes out an updated firmware with closes this "backdoor". I have used this method successfully for a brand new unit I bought at a surplus store. I took it home, used a laptop with a DHCP server installed on it (not connected to the internet) and ran the above steps.
Posted By: hawk82 Re: linksys psp2 - 11/23/09 07:39 PM
https://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r23046600-Unlock-Old-Vonage-pap2

PM the guy on the board and he'll unlock for a fee. I wonder how he does it though. :| I'd rather do it myself.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help