atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TPTech302 SLA on Asterisk - 06/26/12 08:30 PM
Hello all,

Has anyone been sucessful getting SLA (shared line apperance) working on asterisk either Ver 1.6 1.8 or 10? I have read several blogs but not very helpful with the configuration and what to set buttons on the phones as.

Thanks
Posted By: Toner Re: SLA on Asterisk - 06/28/12 08:14 AM
I've come to the conclusion that asterisk will never support a truly "square" KSU type setup because of it's internal architecture. Even the solutions that "fake" it have their own problems (no transferring calls, etc.)
Posted By: TPTech302 Re: SLA on Asterisk - 07/02/12 10:08 PM
Thanks for the reply... Most outbound calls would be handled by my dial plan. I'm really just looking to use it as an indication as to whether the line is in use or not, or if I want to use a line to make a call that normally wouldn't route a specific line
Posted By: Kumba Re: SLA on Asterisk - 07/30/12 07:18 PM
SLA is dependent upon the phones and asterisk. So how you do SLA on a polycom is a little different then a Snom. I haven't messed with SLA in years so i'm not sure what it's like in 1.8 or 10. In 1.6 it wasn't perfect but close. Still a pain to set-up.
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: SLA on Asterisk - 07/31/12 07:58 PM
Yeah I feel your pain. Squared line appearence is now considered a legacy feature. It does not matter that customer wants it. Sorry can not have it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help