atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ffej010 Overhead paging - 03/18/17 11:25 PM
I have a customer that I am preparing a quote to request their existing PBX with a hosted solution. They have an existing overhead paging system, a Valcom V-2003AHF with speakers setup in 2 zones. What can I do to interface the new phones w/ the existing paging setup and maintain the 2 zones?
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Overhead paging - 03/19/17 06:08 AM
Valcom has all kinds of gadgets that will work for you. They also have fantastic technical support at 540-563-2000. You just need an IP bridge to interface with the V-2003AHF. My guess would be that their VIP802A will do what you want.

TAKE A LOOK HERE
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Overhead paging - 03/19/17 01:19 PM
The Hosted provider can tell you what you need.
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Overhead paging - 03/19/17 01:40 PM
You can use the Valcom VIP-802A- it works well with hosted solutions using a SIP connection, or you could go with an ATA connected to a Viking RAD-1 remote answering device to connect the audio input to your page adapter. It's no coincidence that hosted and hoops start with the same letters...

Did I say that out loud? OOPS!
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Overhead paging - 03/20/17 05:08 PM
We are the hosted provider, we have just never had to tie into an existing overhead paging system before. I was just looking at that exact Valcom part number the other day. I called up Valcom support and they confirmed that the VIP-802A would work for this scenerio. That is what I'm going to go with. Thanks all for the responses and input.

Also, in doing some Internet research, some people have used the SNOM PA1 to tie into paging systems. Anyone have any experience with those?
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Overhead paging - 03/20/17 07:38 PM
I've used the SNOM box before. My customer programmed it with the system and I connected it to the paging system. Had to adapt its speaker level out to the line level input of the mixer - amp.

https://sundance-communications.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/576957/Searchpage/1/Main/83195/Words/snom/Search/true/Re:_Paging_Speakers#Post576957
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Overhead paging - 03/20/17 10:34 PM
Using Algo 8120 SIP paging/alerter. Can be a self-contained 5-Watt speaker unit, or connect output to an Amp or Self Amplified speakers. Paging and loud ringing, 2 separate extensions for the functions.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Overhead paging - 03/21/17 05:10 AM
Valcom rep called me back later today and told me I would be better to use the VIP-821A as it would be able to pass DTMF tones to the V-2003AHF for zone paging. So that looks like what I'll be using.

Jeff...what was your impression of the SNOM?

Thanks all for the input.
Posted By: twisted_spare Re: Overhead paging - 02/21/18 10:10 AM
ive got the same scenario here.
i was thinking of putting in yealink set to auto answer and connect the handset output -curly chord - to the input of the PA system.
this is purely theory ate the moment and will let you know if it works.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help