atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: teldata1 Wireless phones - 04/12/23 10:52 PM
Has anybody ever worked with wireless hosted phones

I was at a customer site a while back working on something and they said that none of their wireless phones worked (nursing home)

Thanks

JD
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Wireless phones - 04/12/23 11:46 PM
the ones I have worked on are not fully wireless, they have a base station that plugs in like any other phone.
Posted By: Toner Re: Wireless phones - 04/13/23 02:20 AM
We've worked with both DECT wireless SIP phones (like Jeff mentions) as well as full WiFi handsets. If all the cordless phones have gone offline it sounds like a master base got disconnected or something...
Posted By: teldata1 Re: Wireless phones - 04/13/23 12:02 PM
I’m not trying to troubleshoot anything I’m just curious

I sent a quote on installing cables for 16 phones to a reseller
The end user thinks it’s too high so they’re going to see if a wireless solution would work for them

I just remember recently going to a nursing home to troubleshoot a totally separate issue and they told me that they had these wireless phones in the patient rooms and only like six of them work

From what I understand that situation was a very hard cabling job

Thanks

JD
Posted By: Bushmills Re: Wireless phones - 05/05/23 04:03 PM
We just did a feet on the ground install for ooma in a smaller care home where they had the grandstream WP820 phones for most staff. Just reception and a couple admin had desk phones.
Their wifi coverage was pretty decent. Grandstream APs that we didn't install or configure, so I can't speak to that part of the setup.

-B
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help