atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: newtecky WiFI Desk phones - 05/12/23 05:22 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has used WiFi desk phones. Yealink has a few WiFi models and Wifi USB dongles.

We have a case where the customer doesn't have a pathway for cables to about half a dozen locations. Typically I prefer to avoid using WiFI if possible. Too many variables.
Posted By: Toner Re: WiFI Desk phones - 05/12/23 05:31 PM
The Yealink T54w VoIP Desk Phone works great in our experience. I would highly recommend setting up a 5GHz WiFi network strictly for use by the phones though.

The Avaya J179 with WiFi card would be an alternative, although it behaves a little buggy at times.
Posted By: newtecky Re: WiFI Desk phones - 05/12/23 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Toner
The Yealink T54w VoIP Desk Phone works great in our experience. I would highly recommend setting up a 5GHz WiFi network strictly for use by the phones though.

The Avaya J179 with WiFi card would be an alternative, although it behaves a little buggy at times.

Great. Thanks!
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: WiFI Desk phones - 05/13/23 10:49 AM
Last August, I had a customer replace his Panasonic system after a fire. I deployed Grandstream GRP-2615/16 phones and the newer GRP-2634 on customer sites. Tied to UCM systems, they work fine. These phones can be taken home and tied to the mothership. WiFi is built in.

Carl
Posted By: newtecky Re: WiFI Desk phones - 06/23/23 03:46 AM
Originally Posted by Carl Navarro
Last August, I had a customer replace his Panasonic system after a fire. I deployed Grandstream GRP-2615/16 phones and the newer GRP-2634 on customer sites. Tied to UCM systems, they work fine. These phones can be taken home and tied to the mothership. WiFi is built in.

Carl

We are pretty deep into Yealink for Desktop phones, but we use some Grandstream devices, like their ATAs and video doorphones. The main reason is that Yealink seems to work best with the Metaswtich we use for hosting. Also we have access to Yealink's redirection services for zero-touch provisioning.

It's good to have some options for the customer. I will check these phones out.
Thanks
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: WiFI Desk phones - 06/26/23 08:23 PM
My very first readily available IP phone system used the Grandstream GXP-2160 phones in an almost key system environment. In 2017, that was a lot of sizzle for the money!

I've been unhappy with Yealink and their discontinuance of models. The T29G on my desk was pretty nice. Then they shoved the 54 series on us after the T4x models.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help