atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jsaad Freepbx sip client on mobile data - 07/05/23 02:20 PM
I have a customer using freepbx with sip client on their cell phone. Grandstream wave stopped working. So we tried Zoiper and it works, but not on mobile data / cellular data. This is the only user with this problem (Iphone on Tmobile) The extension is the PJ_SIP on freepbx, port 5060. Would it make sense to switch that extension to chan_sip on port 5160? Is it possible Tmobile is blocking sip traffic /registration?
Posted By: Toner Re: Freepbx sip client on mobile data - 07/05/23 02:59 PM
I've heard of Tmobile causing problems for VoIP - more to do with IPv6 behind the scenes if I remember correctly. Any chance your client could VPN their cell phone to the office and work around the problem that way?

chan_sip probably wouldn't help anything...
Posted By: jsaad Re: Freepbx sip client on mobile data - 07/05/23 05:40 PM
The Freepbx instance is in the cloud, I am not too interested in setting up VPN on the cell phone etc. I will test using an alternate port or IAX as a last resort. Maybe we can bypass whatever block is there.
Posted By: jsaad Re: Freepbx sip client on mobile data - 07/22/23 01:26 AM
IAX using Zoiper seems to be more reliable and possibly bypasses whatever is in the way. Anyone have an opinion why I should't be using IAX instead of SIP.
Posted By: Toner Re: Freepbx sip client on mobile data - 07/22/23 03:32 AM
IAX is probably a good work around. All the information passes on the same port number (unlike SIP) which usually improves NAT traversal.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help