atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 5years&counting Code requirements for use of BET - 06/23/23 07:41 PM
Can someone point me at a specific code requirement, or standard that will mean something to someone who otherwise has little concern about properly installed telecommunications infrastructure, regarding cables run through conduit between detached buildings, and the use of properly installed building entrance terminals on both ends of the cable? I am trying to impress upon someone the importance of this (tell me if I'm wrong to do so), and the response I received was "the cabling will be installed to CEC standards in a protected conduit". My take on this is that BETs will not be installed if there's no specific code requirement.

Thanks!
National Electrical Code (2023) and the Authority Having Jurisdiction or AHJ is an organization, office, or individual responsible for enforcing the requirements of a code or standard, or for approving equipment, materials, an installation, or a procedure.

The Electrical Inspector has the final word.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Code requirements for use of BET - 06/24/23 03:20 PM
Do you know of a specific section of code that speaks to this? I highly, highly doubt any inspector is going to push the issue.
Article 800 for Voice and Data cabling
Article 770 for Fiber Optic cabling
Article 760 for Fire Alarm cabling
Article 725 for Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3 Remote-control, Signaling, and Power-Limited Circuits.

Does the California C-7 license classes cover this? (I am ignorant as to the requirements for getting and maintaining a low voltage license in California).
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help