atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phonenut260 880 s[eakerphone troubleshooting - 03/01/08 02:13 PM
I recently obtained an 880 touchtone speakerphone. The speakerphone part worked fine but it would not dial out nor ring. Thinking the jack was wired wrong, I switched the green and red wires. It worked but the speakerphone stopped working. I hooked it up according to the TCI schematic and it still doesn't work, the speakerphone, that is. Rings, dials out, fine with speakerphone, off, but goes dead when speakerphone switched on. Any ideas? Thanks
Posted By: phonenut260 Re: 880 s[eakerphone troubleshooting - 03/04/08 04:13 PM
UPDATE...UPDATE...UPDATE...
Well, got it back to original condition. Speakerphone fine but will not dial out when speakerphone on. Someone told me that this is normal. Does anyone elso know this to be true? I also learned that the schematic on TCI is not correct. The blue (negative power) should go to the red, ring, not green, tip. This makes sense because the ring is negative. The brown/green should go to the green, tip. I tried reversing the red and green but it still didn't make a difference as to whether you could dial out. I can dial out with the handset regardless of the position of the red and green so must not be polarity sensitive or it may have a polarity guard. Any ideas anyone?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help