atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rbig will this work? - 06/22/11 05:47 PM
I have a phone I'm trying to connect to my side of NID.

It's a corded phone.

My side of NID has blue with white markings, and white with blue markings.

I'd like to have a corded phone connected by:

red > blue, with white markings
green > white, with blue markings

Should this work OK hooking it up as I describe?
Posted By: metelcom Re: will this work? - 06/22/11 05:49 PM
yes
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: will this work? - 06/23/11 05:54 AM
Note that if it's a really old (20+ years) touch tone phone, it 'may be polarity sensitive'. and won't dial, but works OK otherwise. If so, just switch the Red and Green wires. And if it's pulse/rotary dial, your line may not be programmed at the phone company to accept pulse/rotary dial. Usually 'just a call to repair or the business office to get it fixed'. (Good luck with that, they may not understand what you are after frown )
Posted By: rbig Re: will this work? - 06/24/11 09:15 AM
I've got a problem. When I use red/green on the corded phone, I get nothing when it's hooked right.

Same thing on reverse.

Is there anything else I need to know????

My cordless phones hooked to the circuit work fine

The corded one doesn't work. I just use the red/green coming out of it.
Posted By: dtmf Re: will this work? - 06/24/11 10:24 AM
could be that the jack you are using isn't connected to the house wiring, you will have to go through your jacks and see if they are connected together to continue the circuit. At this point it's hard for us to tell without being there and putting tone on the pair.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: will this work? - 06/24/11 11:12 AM
If you're trying to connect the corded phone to the same point of connection (via jack or otherwise) as the cordless, then the problem is within the corded phone.
Posted By: dtmf Re: will this work? - 06/24/11 12:18 PM
Dave, He posted that he has a cordless set hooked to the circuit but didn't mention if it was the same jack so I'm assuming it is on a different jack in the house.
Posted By: rbig Re: will this work? - 06/25/11 06:47 AM
I hook it to where all phones in the house come from: The terminals on my side of NID. There are red/black/green/orange. They are marked.

I wonder if maybe on my phone my red/green and orange/black are maybe the problem? I'll try hooking up orange/black and see how that goes.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help