atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Raul wireing of pots lines - 09/14/06 08:47 AM
montalvo.r@sbcglobal.net
I have two pots line. Both lines are used for voice. however one line has DSL.I have the lines set up thought virezon, that if one line is busy the other will ring.I have two employess
answering the lines. my problem is that Im trying to monitor there customer service with my customers with too recorders. one for each line. I have a 4 line cable to the outside box. How do i hook up this from the out side box to the phone jack.I have tryed to hook it up, but i lose dail tone on one, or the other line goes to voice mail if one is being used. Can any one help me. Thanks
Posted By: anthonyh Re: wireing of pots lines - 09/14/06 10:47 AM
It sounds like you are shorting one of the lines out. First thing to remember is to check the legality of monitering phone calls, you are often required to let the partied knwo the calls will be monitered or recorded. As far as the connecetion to the out side box I assume you mean your NID, where the phone lines come in. The easiest way to do this is to use 2 wires for each jack. Basically you would take the first two wires and connect them to the first jack and the seocnd two wires would be connected to the second jack. This way you have two seperate jacks, one for each phone line.
Posted By: Raul Re: wireing of pots lines - 09/15/06 07:11 AM
Thanks for the reply. I will look to see if the wires are shorting out. Thanks for the tip on the legality of recording. My representatives are awere of this as well as my customers. I believe that the problem may lie with the set up,if one line is busy than it rolls to the other line, and the wireing may need to be wire a deferent way. That's just me thinking i relly don't know. Virezon would be the key, but it's like asking for your first born.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: wireing of pots lines - 09/15/06 08:13 AM
Wire them as if they were individual phone lines. The hunting or rollover has nothing to do with the way your lines are wired. That all takes place in the carriers switch.
Posted By: Auditel Inc. Re: wireing of pots lines - 09/22/06 12:54 PM
Thanks Anthonyh for helping on the forum. I love your slogan!

Keep up the great posts,
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help