atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: thephonegal Anonymous call block Verizon - 08/01/08 12:55 PM
Need Help!
I have a site that has a Norstar MICS with Verizon as the local Telco. I requested that Anonymous Call Block be added to 3 of my lines. Already have it on two. (anonymous call block is the ability to call a party and get through even if someone has call manager that screens the calls) Verizon denied my request saying that the engineers said either everyon on the trunk has it or no one. Cool I say, so if I already have it on 2 lines why don't you just move the others to that trunk. To which they reply, well they are all on the same trunk (which is what I thought in the first place, just trying to play their game) then Verizon said it must be in my switch. I doubt that it is something on the Norstar. Looked at everything and didn't see anything that would prevent. I think it is a Verizon issue. Any thoughts? :bang: :bang: :bang:

This Job is not my life. This Job supports my life! :p
Posted By: Silversam Re: Anonymous call block Verizon - 08/01/08 06:21 PM
I don't know anything about a MICS, but....

Basic troubleshooting 101. Telco says it's the switch. OK, frog the circuits. If Trunks A&B work but C&D don't then swap the xconnects. Connect trunk A to PBX Port C, Trunk B to Port D, Trunk C to port A and Trunk D to port B. Does the problem move or stay the same?

If it stays the same (ie. PBX Ports A & B still work but C& D don't) then the problem is in your switch. If Ports C& D now work fine then the Problem is obviously Telco's. Bring them down, show them and prepare yourself for weaseling and whining.

But they then should fix it.

Sam
Posted By: kevhawk13 Re: Anonymous call block Verizon - 08/02/08 07:41 AM
Are these regular POTS lines? The MICS doesn't do anything exotic with a POTS line to simulate this feature. Verizon is twisted, as usual.
Sam's suggestion is a very good way to prove to them the problem is not in your equipment.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Anonymous call block Verizon - 08/02/08 09:06 AM
Next question, for those of us that don't know. Is this feature an 'always on' that the C.O. provides, or is it implemented by the user on a call-by-call basis? If it is an 'always on' can it be suspended by the user with some code until reactivated with some other code?
On another note, who do you call to get anonymous call override block? And if you cannot get it, how do you bill the telco for defeating that which you have paid good (well,... mediochre) money for? smile Leave it to the telcos to find another way to light the candle @ both ends! John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Anonymous call block Verizon - 08/02/08 09:11 AM
And the simplest test, use your buttset on each C.O. line and call a known number that has call manager invoked. If it doesn't work with a plain old buttset, it sure isn't going to work with a key system! John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Anonymous call block Verizon - 08/02/08 10:29 PM
Verizon uses very specific terms for two different types of service.

Anonymous Call Rejection. Anonymous Call Rejection lets you block incoming calls from people who do not send their Caller ID information.

Per Call Blocking. When Per Call Blocking is ON, your call is identified as "Private" or "Anonymous" on the Caller ID display unit of the phone you are calling. When you hang up, Per Call Blocking is automatically turned OFF.

I guess I'm not quite sure which feature it is that you're after. I have never heard of a service that allows you to "get through" or otherwise penetrate the veil of Anonymous Call Rejection. That would be a neat trick for telemarketers.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Anonymous call block Verizon - 08/03/08 04:44 PM
Tim, I've heard it discussed, but I've never known anyone that actually has it. Nor anyone who knew it had been used on them. Personally, I don't see how Telco's can sell it. John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: thephonegal Re: Anonymous call block Verizon - 08/05/08 04:30 PM
We don't want people to know we are blocking their calls. obvoisly, we qualify for this, So, for all calls, we don't want to go throught the blco We talk offiline please?
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Anonymous call block Verizon - 08/07/08 10:08 PM
Hmmmm...OK. PM sent.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help