atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: orion3311 How to find who has/manages an RCF? - 02/27/13 08:28 PM
Hello - been away for a bit but I have a non-Mitel question for once. I'm assisting an organization thats sharing some office space in our building, and they're primarily using Comcast for voice lines, but they have their main numbers "forwarded" to the Comcast lines, and thats how it is in their current office. We got new lines installed here, but Comcast is saying that they don't have control over the main numbers (215 area code - Philadelphia), and the single person managing the org has no idea where or how their handled. She mentioned the numbers were literally around and carried from MCI to Worldcom to Verizon? or wherever they ended up, but at this point, she has no clue and we need to get them re-routed to the new numbers. I'm assuming they're RCFs.

Is there any service or way to find out who has those RCFs at least? Although we don't use Verizon anymore I called my rep and he was able to determine that they are NOT Verizon.
Maybe start here
https://www.localcallingguide.com/lca_listexch.php?region=PA

Usually, if you call repair, and key in the number, if it is not handled by the ILEC, they will automatically give you a referral to whomever is responsible for it.
Posted By: upstateny Re: How to find who has/manages an RCF? - 02/28/13 10:24 AM
They pay a bill for those lines.... see who they pay aside from Comcast.
Posted By: orion3311 Re: How to find who has/manages an RCF? - 03/01/13 07:32 PM
I tried the link Tommy provided and I seems the number in Question should be handled at a Verizon switch, but thats as far as I got there. They're not getting ANY bills (besides Comcast which doesn't mention these numbers), and their old office is closing at this point so we may just have to put out the new numbers or get new RCFs. I told them to dig through their email to back when Comcast was put into place as they obviously implemented the RCFs at that point.

Is there a vendor that Comcast partners with as far as RCFs are concerned?
Posted By: orion3311 Re: How to find who has/manages an RCF? - 03/01/13 07:44 PM
Forgot to mention I also tried calling into Verizon repair for the heck of it, got through to someone that simply said the RCFs weren't with them and there was nothing they could do.
Posted By: Pinecreekboy Re: How to find who has/manages an RCF? - 03/01/13 08:19 PM
If you have a contact in a CLEC they can look at a database that will show the responsible party for those RCFs.
Posted By: ttech Re: How to find who has/manages an RCF? - 03/06/13 01:13 PM
Comcast Will not always port numbers over to their boxes. They have a tendency to put the number in limbo and give you all new numbers and RCF the numbers to the new Comcast numbers.

https://media2.comcast.net/anon.com...nessclass/help_articles/RCF_20121217.pdf

I would call Comcast. They use a third party for this.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help