atcomsystems.ca/forum
I am working in Kentucky for government clients. We have several clients that have on their bills circuit types that AT&T can no longer produce from their switch but they still know how to bill for.
examples: Hoot n Holler (56K version) a long time ago.
I am working with the Public Service Commission in Kentucky with no success. If someone out there knows ways to find this information we would be very grateful.
Are there no circuit ID's to identify the circuits? The end points should at the least have a LEC ID. If you're talking specifically about a Hoot and Holler something like that wouldn't even go through an AT&T switch. I'd say your best bet would be to call for a vendor meet to identify the circuits in question and verify they still work. Can you give us the circuit identifier? Just the prefix, the 4 letters ahead of the numbers. You can probably even get the circuit identifiers and what they mean off the Internet.
Here's a list of access ID's (LEC)

Here's some AT&T

The more I search online the more information I'm finding.
I used to install a lot of the old Hoot And Holler circuits for stock brokers. They used a leased CCSA trunk from the RBOC that ran into PBXs to terminate on speakers on the desk for monitoring and you had to pick up a dedicated trunk under a set button to transmit. You're going to have some interesting digging to get info on some of this older legacy circuitry.
If it's on a AT&T bill just have them tell you what it is.
All great information and I appreciate the great help. Carrier cannot explain what these items are? big shock..
I will get you all the circuit info I can and I am requesting CSR's which should expand on the information too.
Thank you very much for your help thus far.
Hoot n Holler was just one example of a service type that governments use like financial institutions. In our cases the LEC is AT&T and it goes directly from their switch to the client. Of course none of these services still exist today so they are billing for past services that they decommissioned and I suspect they notified the client by writing something on their bill which is typical of how they notify the customer. We are digging in the Public Service Commission records but that is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. The carrier has to submit when they are terminating a tarriffed product with the states PSC. Our whole issue is why are these government clients paying for services the carrier cannot produce anymore? Where did this breakdown and our goal is to hold them accountable by proving when these services ceased to exist.
Sounds like the system that auto salvages yards used. I guess there are a few around that still use it even though most have gone digital.
I remember doing some work at an AG Edwards brokerage office around 10 years ago and every desk had a 'Hoot n Holler' phone along with their Iwatsu desk phone. Never seen them anywhere else.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help