atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bruce brooks ISDN BRI testing and availability - 07/19/17 10:57 PM
We have a client who is still paying for an ISDN BRI on their AT&T bill. Of course its in a conference room and it has not been used in over 2 plus years. I want to see if I can buy test equipment to see if it still works so looking for test gear recommendations.
I am also concerned that AT&T can no longer actually produce this technology from this particular CO. The tariff ended in 2006 and it listed as obsolete in 2013 by AT&T. Its in the state of Kentucky so if I could get any help here it would be appreciated. Any suggestions on how to go about confirming whether or not AT&T can still actually produce this.
Thanks, Bruce Brooks
Posted By: Rcaman Re: ISDN BRI testing and availability - 07/20/17 02:23 PM
We are using the JDSU ISDN tester. You can pick these up fairly cheap online. They work very well.

Rcaman
Posted By: ffej010 Re: ISDN BRI testing and availability - 07/20/17 07:48 PM
This circuit must terminate onto a smart jack or something similar from the provider. Does the equipment there still show the circuit as up/in-service?
Posted By: hbiss Re: ISDN BRI testing and availability - 07/20/17 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by bruce brooks
We have a client who is still paying for an ISDN BRI on their AT&T bill... I want to see if I can buy test equipment to see if it still works so looking for test gear recommendations.

Seems to me that spending money on test equipment for a one time "gotcha" is a waste unless you can use it elsewhere. As ffej010 says, what is the status of the smart jack? Have you or the customer asked AT&T about the circuit and the billing?

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help