atcomsystems.ca/forum
Caller leaves a voicemail and hangs up, but vm keeps recording and eventually times out several minutes later. In my area it is always mediacom as the service provider, when a customer has this issue.

Is there a general consensus of the solution to this problem? I've heard that having the cable company change the phone modem out, will fix this. Trying to convince them something is wrong with the phone modem is easier said than done.

But then I wondered if there needs to be a setting change in the phone system, "open loop detect timer", or call disconnect timer, which I have tried at one place and it didn't help.

This seems to be coming up more and more for me.
As noted in the topic found in the General forum, the provider isn't sending a positive disconnect when the calling party hangs up. Somehow, some way the provider will need to figure out what this feature is called and activate it in their equipment.
You can usually hear the line disconnect with a test set connected to the line.Sometimes is would be recorded in the voicemail if the PBX didn't hang up. It just sounds like would yo would think, some clicking sounds like the line dropped for half a second.

© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help