atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel cant dial ** as lead digits - 01/29/21 05:36 AM
here in the 909 area code in california we got an area code overlay. now we must dial area code to call next door. one of my customers forwards their calls at night. they have frontier. ever sense the change they cant do the forwarding. code is **1 but after the second * recording comes on telling them they must dial 909 first. they dont know who they get the forwarding service from but think it is from frontier. when they called frontier they seem to be clueless about it. can anyone tell me if **1 and **2 sound like frontier codes to forward and unforward calls. i think the more common code is *72. is there a way to find out who they get the forwarding service from. thanks. dave
Posted By: EV607797 Re: cant dial ** as lead digits - 01/29/21 08:08 AM
I think **1 is a speed dial code that contains *72 plus number that was stored without the 909 area code. *72 has been the code for call forwarding as long as I can remember. I know that our speed dial codes are 2# through 9# here, regardless of the service provider, but those can vary with providers. As Frontier customers, they were previously GTE in your area, leading me to believe that the serving CO switch could be an EAX or ASU. I wonder if there is any documentation for codes in those switches available?
Posted By: davetel Re: cant dial ** as lead digits - 01/29/21 07:07 PM
interesting. i can have them approach frontier from that angle and possibly get a handle on it.
Posted By: Daniel Re: cant dial ** as lead digits - 01/30/21 12:10 AM
https://frontier.com/small-business...all-forwarding-smb/features/call-forward
Posted By: ffej010 Re: cant dial ** as lead digits - 02/01/21 04:27 AM
Seems like someone hasn't fully updated the switch translations now that 10 digit dialing is required. Should be simple enough for them to replicate and find the issue. Finding the correct person/department to communicate this with at Frontier, that is a different story.
Posted By: davetel Re: cant dial ** as lead digits - 02/01/21 06:41 AM
i am sharing the information with them and asking them to try a couple things like doing a *72 forward and if that works maybe they can find a new tel co speedial to use or maybe the system speedial. and if that doesnt work it that dreaded call to the tel co.
I know this is a few months old. did it ever get resolved?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help