atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: erniejoey Carrier ID - 08/22/22 12:24 PM
Does anybody know if there is a number you can dial that will tell you what the carrier is. It used to be 1-700-555-1212 or something of that nature but I can't remember. The last time I used it was in the 80's. Customer says they are with Windstream & Verizon. Trying to find out what lines are with what carrier. Thanks...
Posted By: dexman Re: Carrier ID - 08/22/22 12:39 PM
Verizon (at least around here) uses (700) 555-4141 for service provided by its legacy digital switches.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no comparable number for the company's new packet switches. This is due to Verizon not allowing splits between local & long-distance services in those switches.

Ultimately the customer's monthly bills would indicate who they use for long-distance service. In a pinch, their LEC could check their records to see what they show. smile
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Carrier ID - 08/23/22 07:08 AM
You can always use the website FreeCarrierLookup.com, which I've had reasonable success in using. Keep in mind that they do limit the total number of queries you can make per month, so only use it when absolutely necessary.

CLICK HERE FOR LINK
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help