atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Frankiephones security cameras - 04/11/05 07:23 AM
I have 30 video cameras in an office connected to 3 servers in my computer rm. I want to veiw them from an office 200 ft away from where they are located.Anyone have any advise on how i can accomplish this
Posted By: Z-man Re: security cameras - 04/11/05 07:37 AM
do the severs have static IP's? Are they on your network? Will the computer you are using to view them be on the same network? If so, and your running XP, you can do a remote desktop setup. There are some third party software programs that will work with other OSs too.
Posted By: junkman Re: security cameras - 04/11/05 11:09 AM
Netmeeting is included in Windows from 98 on up, it's a little choppy on screen refresh though. PCAnywhere is another one. You might also check with the company that makes the camera software, they might have an easy way to do it.
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: security cameras - 04/11/05 05:50 PM
vnc and it freeware. i install tightvnc on all of my pc's so i can remote administer them
Posted By: Gene Re: security cameras - 04/11/05 07:32 PM
You could do it with RG6 To a TV using a modulator on an unused cable channel or a VCR, I do some mom and pop motels ,and do this to all living quarters and Admin TVs ,Just inject on modulator say to channnel 70 or whatever is unused and all you have to do is tune TV To Modulated channel. The picture is much better on a bigger screen.
Posted By: walterv Re: security cameras - 04/14/05 08:42 AM
No need for a modulator if the TV has a video input.....

Most TVs today have atleast one

Walter
Posted By: Gene Re: security cameras - 04/14/05 02:51 PM
most customers are so paranoid ,they think it's easier to change the channel than the source on tv
Posted By: Gene Re: security cameras - 04/14/05 04:47 PM
Sorry,I didn't complete previous post ,I also
inject and split ,to mutiple TV's from a homerun Cable TV MDF
Posted By: alterego Re: security cameras - 01/30/06 08:57 PM
I think your best bet is to use whatever networking software comes with the dvr you have. If you have none, then go with vnc viewer -it works.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help