atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Foneman69 galaxy control systems - 07/06/06 08:09 PM
have a 200 series contoller rev c cpu is a 21-0260-00 rev c, and backplane is 21-0261-00 rev b, I have one door off of system that they want a key switch control to disable, it has a maglock on door, is the best way a switch to disable 12/24 maglock? is anybody familiar with this set-up?
Posted By: twisted pair Re: galaxy control systems - 07/07/06 06:18 AM
What we normally do is call in a locksmith to change the lockset to a keyed barrel. When they want free acess to the door, simply unlock the handle (and leave it unlocked) with a key.

That controller also has the ability to program in schedules for free access, but if you want to control it non-time dependent, use a keyed lockset.
Posted By: twisted pair Re: galaxy control systems - 07/07/06 06:23 AM
Sorry, I just reread your post, it's a maglock, not an electric strike.

Yes, you could install a keyswitch on the mag to cut the power or a programmed schedule.

I'm not familiar with the series 200 and it appears it is discontinued. Some software has the ability to program in a latching sequence. For example, a certain swipe card/tag would unlock the mag and leave it unlocked until that card/tag is used again.
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: galaxy control systems - 07/07/06 05:19 PM
When you say "off of the system", does that mean it is NOT controlled by the controller?

If that's the case then you may get a shunt lock to bypass the mag lock. Even if the door is "In" the system a shunt may be used but this defeats the purpose of the system in the first place.
Posted By: Foneman69 Re: galaxy control systems - 07/10/06 05:33 PM
apreciate the responses, The customer is a hospital that locks down a door except for a proxy reader or keypad that releases a maglock & uses a horton automatic door opener to open the double doors if someone either: hits the press to egress button from the inside, has a proxy device , or enters a code. they would like to have a key switch located at the nurses station for manually unlocking door(maglock) at various times of the day(cannot schedule open)It should be a make break to the maglock. if my thinking is right , mostly do phone systems so need a little confirmation that I am thinbking correctly, a lot of great minds on this site, thanks in advance
Posted By: anthonyh Re: galaxy control systems - 07/10/06 06:01 PM
can you use a normally open keyswith connected to the RTE(request to exit)? When you tur the key it closes the contact and trips the RTE. a I am not familer with your conroller so I am not sure if it can be done.

have yo contacted Galexy control, they shoudlk be able to provide something for their syste, their tech support number:
800-445-5560

well at least that is what their website states

good luck
Posted By: twisted pair Re: galaxy control systems - 07/10/06 09:13 PM
Most RTE use a built in timer control to release the mag. A maintained switch installed on this line probably will not work (once the time expires, the mag re-locks). Besides that, you would not want to keep that door opener energized, as it will burn out.

Foneman69 has the right idea. Just install the key switch in the mag power line. I'm not sure how far away the nurse's station is, but keep in mind line loss. You will have to use the appropriate wire gauge to compensate for this (Mag locks draw a bit of current and if they are starved, they will operate but weaker).

Even better would be if they allow you to mount that switch next to the door. If they insist on the nurse's station, and it's a fair distance away, you may have to use a relay.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: galaxy control systems - 07/11/06 03:51 AM
I got ya..I did not relize they want it open all the time, I thought the switch was just being used as an aditional exit means...now that I think about it that does not make much sense..sorry It was kind of a long weekend.....This being the case I agree a keyswitch on the mag side should handle this.
Posted By: Foneman69 Re: galaxy control systems - 07/13/06 03:42 PM
So anybody know a type or part number of the key switch, I know that is a pathetic question but hey I'm a phoneman, that also does security cameras & access control, never really use key switches I think I could drill & mount it in the Horton controller above the mag lock, not going to hurt a nurse to walk to the end of the hall twice a day, maybe they will even check on a patient while they are up...
Posted By: twisted pair Re: galaxy control systems - 07/13/06 05:50 PM
https://www.alarmcontrols.com/
Click on "Our Products."

If you just want a barrel lock, click on "Switches." Use the KA-107.

If you would rather mount it in the door mullion, click on "Remote Plates" and they have stainless steel narrow plates precut with the "D" hole for the lock. You can also have a status LED that you can wire up so they visually know the mag is energized.

Third option would be "cylinder stations." The advantage to this full size barrel is that you can have a locksmith key it the same as other locks (like a master key system).

Remember, you need to order a "maintained" lock (on/off), not "momentary."

These are available at ADI or TriEd.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help