atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rustynails DVR ? - 09/19/06 01:24 PM
For those who are doing this daily, what are your best recommendations for large capacity, web accessible, and affordable DVR's.

I have seen a lot of no names come on the market lately and was wondering if any are worth a damn.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: DVR ? - 09/19/06 01:31 PM
How large are you looking for?

16 chan.
32 chan.
larger?

I have had luck using speco tech DVR's for up to 16 cameras.
Posted By: rustynails Re: DVR ? - 09/19/06 01:40 PM
16; with 2 week recording capacity.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: DVR ? - 09/19/06 04:51 PM
I do like the speco unit, you can go as large as a 600 gig hard drive. has a built in webserver and includes a ddns address. It can be controlled by any computer on your network. For the money it is a nice unit. I also like the Bosch units but they are a bit more expensive. the newer units have a DVD recorder not a cd/rw. These are for stand alaone units. I also hear open eye's products are nice if you are looking for a PC based system.

https://www.specotech.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodID=687

https://www.openeye.net/products_X-Series.asp
Posted By: twisted pair Re: DVR ? - 09/19/06 05:08 PM
Maybe it's different in the States, but I find Speco a little expensive for a "no-name" product. I'm not saying they don't work, but it's just like Rusty says; there's a lot of no-name stuff on the market now. I know the Speco name has been around for a while, but they don't manufacture anything. They buy offshore and put their name on it.

I like the Samsung DVR's.

And yes, get it with a DVD burner instead of a regular burner. Most computers now can play a DVD anyway and this way it can also be viewed with a regular T.V. set.
Posted By: rustynails Re: DVR ? - 09/25/06 08:45 AM
Anthony,

Will the speco allow you to change the default port number for remote viewing?

~r
Posted By: anthonyh Re: DVR ? - 09/25/06 09:27 AM
I like the Samsung units as well, I did not relize they were so close in price to the Speco unit....thats good to know..

I will try and dig up a manual to verify this, but I do believe you can change the default port. Their manuals are available on their website as well.
Posted By: Toner Re: DVR ? - 09/25/06 09:55 PM
I used a Digital Watchdog - and I DON'T like it. You can't admin it via the web, and the user interface is confusing for customers.
Posted By: slik4x4 Re: DVR ? - 09/27/06 11:12 AM
well, i use a pc based import. i have been using them for about 4 or 5 years now and have very little problems. the brand name is eyemax. they have a web site called ,you quessed it, eyemax.com. if you search online, you will find these for sale everywhere. but if want a direct wholesaler, email me and i will get you a number. have fun and good luck.

sam
Posted By: Foneman69 Re: DVR ? - 09/28/06 03:12 PM
I use Crest Electronics , a higher end unit comparable to Pelco. It is good enough quality to keep you from making your customers mad. It is a dealer only product...
Posted By: Foneman69 Re: DVR ? - 09/28/06 03:13 PM
Who are you guys getting the Samsung units from, I am a Samsung Business Phone Systems dealer.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: DVR ? - 09/28/06 03:19 PM
targetd carriers samsung units
Posted By: twisted pair Re: DVR ? - 09/28/06 06:03 PM
Tri-Ed
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help