atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: walleye398 something other then bogen amps??? - 01/30/07 09:11 AM
Anyone found a good 70 volt business class amplifier other then Bogen? They seem like they own the world when you call for tech support and I am kind of sick of their attitude.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: something other then bogen amps??? - 01/30/07 09:18 AM
I sure like Clarity brand, which is a subsidiary of Valcom. A little more expensive, but great products.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: something other then bogen amps??? - 01/30/07 09:26 AM
B, Full Compass Reps. TOA and Crown.
Both are very good products.
Click here for their web site.
MrG
Posted By: twisted pair Re: something other then bogen amps??? - 01/30/07 08:46 PM
University Sound,
Wheelock,
Inter M (Inkel),
Electrovoice.
Posted By: walleye398 Re: something other then bogen amps??? - 02/09/07 06:29 AM
Just got hooked up with a TOA distributor, thanks
Posted By: firefighter Re: something other then bogen amps??? - 03/17/07 02:03 PM
there tech support at bogen thinks everyone is dum and they just as rude as can be. i would go with valcom they have good tech support.
just to put my 2cents in
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: something other then bogen amps??? - 03/17/07 02:39 PM
FYI, University Sound has been out of business for several years. I believe they got bought by E-V and the brand was subsequently discontinued.
Personally, I like Valcom. Their tech support is GREAT. I had a V-2001A given to me, without a fuse or holder, I called, and they sent me one!

-Jeff
Posted By: twisted pair Re: something other then bogen amps??? - 03/17/07 06:36 PM
The original question was 70volt amps. When did Valcom start producing amps?
Posted By: EV607797 Re: something other then bogen amps??? - 03/17/07 09:35 PM
Valcom isn't making them, it's Clarity. Valcom and Clarity are related somehow, and it appears that Clarity and Walker Handsets are also related. I don't know no exactly how.
Posted By: metelcom Re: something other then bogen amps??? - 03/18/07 05:46 AM
Plantronics owns Walker, Clarity, Ameriphone, Sound Innovation, Volume Logic and Altec Lansing
Posted By: rockmodule Re: something other then bogen amps??? - 04/10/07 12:07 PM
Originally posted by metelcom:
Plantronics owns Walker, Clarity, Ameriphone, Sound Innovation, Volume Logic and Altec Lansing
Clarity is a subsidary of Valcom, which basically their 70V division. They've been building amps in Roanoke under the Clarity name since the early 1980's.

Hope this helps!
Posted By: metelcom Re: something other then bogen amps??? - 04/10/07 01:19 PM
It looks like Plantronics Clarity is for telephones and Valcom Clarity is amplifiers and speakers I don't know if there is a connection between Plantronics and Valcom

Clarity Valcom

Clarity Plantronics
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help