atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Hevylefty Hayes 1200 to FBI - 04/17/07 09:46 AM
New to compass downloader and the Hayes and I could use a little help dialing in and uploading.
I thought that I had everything set but the panel will not answer the phone from a campus phone or offsite. I think its a simple step that I am missing.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: Hayes 1200 to FBI - 04/17/07 04:25 PM
pm sent
Posted By: Hevylefty Re: Hayes 1200 to FBI - 04/18/07 06:54 PM
after going through a long process on the phone with honeywell I managed to program descriptors manually for some factory programmed switches. but the monitoring station does not receive the correct alarm codes. So I am still currious as to how to get compass rolling.
Posted By: twisted pair Re: Hayes 1200 to FBI - 04/19/07 06:09 AM
The reporting codes will self fill when you program in the zone definitions.

All you have to do is program your reporting format such as Contact ID or SIA, and make sure your zones are programmed for delay, instant, interior, etc.

You can go in and manually change them (as in the case when you have an interior zone programmed instant, it will come in as perimeter). You should provide the monitoring station with a zone description sheet anyway. They can then enter that info into their monitoring software package so that when "zone 1" comes in, they can tell you on the phone it's the "garage entry door."

You don't even need compass for this, it can be done manually at the keypad.
Posted By: Hevylefty Re: Hayes 1200 to FBI - 04/28/07 06:22 AM
Thanks for the help so far. By having our own monitoring station Ihave already taken care of the readout at the alarm monitor. however the three alarms I connected are identical at the monitoring station and at the alarm keypad they do not show the descriptors they only show the type of alarm and the zone number. this is kind of bad because they are panic alarms and are located in different offices. slowly but surely I am getting closer and closer. :rolleyes:
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: Hayes 1200 to FBI - 04/28/07 06:28 AM
Which keypads are you using?
Posted By: Hevylefty Re: Hayes 1200 to FBI - 04/28/07 06:40 AM
FBII LCD
Posted By: Hevylefty Re: Hayes 1200 to FBI - 04/28/07 06:43 AM
don't know if it will help but inorder to go in and program the zone it was option 133 as opposed to the xl-4c which is option 125 I think but most of the other functions are the same.
Posted By: twisted pair Re: Hayes 1200 to FBI - 04/29/07 08:14 AM
I don't know FBII panels all that well but I do know they have different LCD keypads. They have a couple of fixed icon units and the XK-7 is the programmable English label keypad.

Are you saying you are unable to program a zone label in the keypad?

Is it programmable or the fixed icon (which only displays zone numbers).
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: Hayes 1200 to FBI - 04/30/07 06:10 AM
I don't know FBII panels all that well but I do know they have different LCD keypads. They have a couple of fixed icon units and the XK-7 is the programmable English label keypad.
That's what I was thinking TP but I'm like you as far as not being all that familiar with FBI systems.

I know some of the Ademco LCD keypads are not capable of displaying "Plain English" and I'm thinking that may be the case here.
Posted By: Hevylefty Re: Hayes 1200 to FBI - 04/30/07 06:53 AM
These are the keypads that will tell me the zone descriptors at the keypad provided I can get them programmed correctly. ie... currently the welcome screen or idle screen reads V.P. Admin.
so I know that much and I am going to try to get up there today to see what kaypad is actually installed on this panel. Thanks
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: Hayes 1200 to FBI - 04/30/07 06:01 PM
Sorry I haven't been much help to you on this problem. frown

If I come across anything helpful I'll chime in again. :idea:
Otherwise I'll just lurk and follow the thread.
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: Hayes 1200 to FBI - 04/30/07 06:44 PM
I can help more with the FBI, but cannot remember ever doing the Alpha descriptor with Compass software. Using Compass on the FBI's has always been hit and miss for me. Before Ademco bought them out, all you had to do was type in the the description using the EZ-mate software. If you are going to be onsite checking the keypad anyway, give it a shot from there, it's time consuming but fairly straight forward.

As far as the reporting codes, the FBI's are not like the Ademcos in the respect they will not automatically fill in the reporting codes when CID format is selected. If you deviate from the default zone values, you will have to manually enter the PID codes in order for them to report CID correctly.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help