atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: topher GeoVision Looking Good! - 06/07/07 06:43 PM
I just did a setup for a GeoVision install again. This time, the hardware is brand new and is running GV-v.8.1. The other install I have done is a GV-v.6.1.

I have to say, GeoVision has really gotten their act together and v. 8.1 is much nicer than 6.1. Looks like I may refer this system once again.

It's running:
P4 2.x GHz Processor
2GB RAM
a near 1TB storage drive
WinXP Pro
GV-800 v.8.1 w/ 16 Retail

Seems to be doing well, and 8.1 has better coverage for PTZ cameras than 6.1.

Also, If anyone has a source for a nice, reliable PTZ camera, please let me know! Thanks!
Posted By: anthonyh Re: GeoVision Looking Good! - 06/08/07 11:35 AM
Topher their are a lot of good PTZ's that you can get from multiple distributors, are you looking for anything spacific, but the way a decent PTC is normally a bit pricey, do tehy really need a PTZ or would one or two extra cameras cover the area?
Posted By: topher Re: GeoVision Looking Good! - 06/11/07 04:23 PM
They would really like a PTZ, even though they have two other cameras in the area. It's just another "Toy" to make life a little easier I suppose.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: GeoVision Looking Good! - 06/11/07 06:03 PM
I LIKE BOSCH FOR ptz BUT THEY ARE A BIT PRICEY
Posted By: MacGyver Re: GeoVision Looking Good! - 06/12/07 05:14 PM
I agree with you Toph. I use a GeoVision plug in to be able to view cameras over my Ipaq PDA when out of the office. It's really nice to be at a WiFi hot spot and check all the cameras.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: GeoVision Looking Good! - 06/13/07 06:30 AM
PM sent
Posted By: topher Re: GeoVision Looking Good! - 06/13/07 06:27 PM
I have never used the PDA Plugin before MacGyver, but I'm glad to hear it works!

Thanks for the PM anthony.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help