atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: anthonyh HDMI CLIPS? - 08/08/07 06:40 PM
Anyone know of any type of clip to help lock an HDMI cable in place. I intermittently keep losing my signal and each time the cable is lose. Just pop it back in and I am good to go, I am looking for something that will lock this in permanently (well semi permanent), by the way this connects a blue ray player so component video cables are out
Posted By: anthonyh Re: HDMI CLIPS? - 08/10/07 06:49 AM
turns out the trouble was a defective blurray player, repalced it and all trouble cleared. I would still like to find something to hold HDMI cables secure if anyone has an idea.
Posted By: 1OldPhoneMan Re: HDMI CLIPS? - 10/20/07 09:40 PM
Just wait until you try to hook up a HDMI switcher and hold everything together. It's a terrible connector design, just as bad as USB.

With heavy Monster type HDMI cable, the weight will try to pull out a vertical connector, as found on the back of my Sharp LCD.

Solution? I've used duct tape, well black gaffer tape, actually.

Wanted something that I could disconnect easily, tried using sticky female Velco on the cable and next to the connector with a removable flap of male Velco between. Also looked at screwing a tywrap ned to the connector, making a loop with it, then using a second tywrap to secure the cable to the loop. Both work, but the gaffer tape seems more secure.
Posted By: hbiss Re: HDMI CLIPS? - 10/23/07 12:18 PM
With heavy Monster type HDMI cable, the weight will try to pull out a vertical connector...

That should be a hint to you. Don't waste your money on those snake oil cables. They are no better than the standard ones. The signal is digital so bigger means nothing except in the minds of gullable people with deep pockets.

-Hal
Posted By: bfdatacom Re: HDMI CLIPS? - 10/24/07 09:44 PM
Anthonyh - I have the same problem. Everytime I pull my Middle Atlantic rack out at a certain installation that I have, the HDMI cable pulls out. I sit there and think that I am on the wrong input until I realize the cable fell out - AGAIN. It IS a very poor design. I have gotten very creative with electrical tape in the back of some components.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help