atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tylerpd1 Need to monitor marina... - 09/01/07 11:41 AM
Hi Everyone,
I got an email from my girlfriend's father requesting some help with putting up some kind of camera system to monitor his marina's parking lot and docks at night. There has been some vandalism of late, and the club is a non-profit that teaches kids to sail, so cost is a definite factor.

There is no actual building. Electricity is available, but no phone lines. I was thinking of ordering a dsl loop and putting in a dvr, but the salt in the air would probably eat the equipment within months.

The parking lot is about two acres, with only one entrance. It is bordered by private property on all sides with exception of the entry and, of course, the water.

There are no lights on the parking area or over the equipment, so night vision is a must.

If anyone can get back to me with their thoughts, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,
Tyler
Posted By: anthonyh Re: Need to monitor marina... - 09/01/07 06:35 PM
Their are plenty of cameras that are designed for extreme environments. A DVR with dsl loop would be my suggestion. Honeywell Makes some nice stuff that may work for you. A few nice cameras in a proper housing with a few IR illuminators should do the trick. You can also take a look here , I have never used their products but they look like they may fit the bill.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help