atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: starion Radionics fire/burg panel... - 09/23/08 03:16 PM
I've got a customer with a Radionics 7212B1 panel that has started giving me the following errors in the last week:

Central Station gets a Low Battery on Zone 9 report (there are no wireless zones), red flashing low battery LED on the board. Keypad reads "Service Battery Missing".

Both batteries tested good, charging voltage is good, AC power is good, no shorts on aux outputs. The batteries that are in there were replaced October 2006.

I reset the panel from the onboard jumper which cleared the problem, for about 36 hours, but customer called and said it's reading the error again.

I guess I could just replace both batteries with brand new ones. Seems like a bit less than 2 years life on batteries isn't right, but it could be I guess.

Has anyone else experienced this on a Radionics combo Fire/Burg panel?
Posted By: starion Re: Radionics fire/burg panel... - 09/27/08 07:08 AM
Follow up: I put two new batteries in. No error for about 24 hours, then the problem is back again.

It's starting to look like something is pulling too much current and pulling the batteries down. Guess I'll have to try and take some current draw reading on the aux outputs.
Posted By: scot43 Re: Radionics fire/burg panel... - 11/25/08 04:02 PM
all of the radionics panels that we have in service get at least 3 years of battery life as long as you do not have frequent power failures that pull the batteries all the way down. We date the batteries and also list them on the PM sheets. I have seen a couple of the power supply transformers do strange things. Are you sure that the outlet that the panel wallwart is plugged into is not switched somehow?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help