atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: gtmc14 Paging noise - 10/16/08 08:56 AM
I installed an ESI CS100 phone system and connected it to the existing paging amp and now there is noise on the speakers. We did install the system in a different location in the same building. There is now approximatly 200 ft of cable connecting the paging amp and phone system.
Posted By: justbill Re: Paging noise - 10/16/08 09:23 AM
What kind of noise? Inductive power? If you remove the phone system does the noise go away? Have you tried moving the amp to where you installed the phone system? Or is that even possible?
Posted By: skip555 Re: Paging noise - 10/16/08 09:27 AM
have you tried paging directly from the amp ?
Posted By: hbiss Re: Paging noise - 10/16/08 10:18 AM
Well, I'm assuming that you are saying it worked before with an old system. Now you installed a new system at a different location that requires 200' of cable to the amp.

What kind of cable? What is the amp? Most importantly what kind of noise? Is it a hum or something else?

-Hal
Posted By: metelcom Re: Paging noise - 10/16/08 11:01 AM
Most systems are a Hi impedance page output. If your are going to have the amp that far away you will need to have a balanced line with shielded cable. Bill had the right idea relocate to amp to where the new system is located and redo the output wires. If this is a 25/70 volt speaker system then you can tap the amp output any where in the speaker line.
Posted By: gtmc14 Re: Paging noise - 10/16/08 11:41 AM
Moving the amp was my first idea also. The speakers are daisy chained so that should solve the problem just tapping into a speaker that is near.
Posted By: Silversam Re: Paging noise - 10/16/08 11:57 AM
Inputs to a paging system should ALWAYS be done with Shielded wire. Did you use shielded cable or just some leftover Cat 3/5 wire?

Sam
Posted By: hbiss Re: Paging noise - 10/16/08 12:36 PM
The speakers are daisy chained so that should solve the problem, just tapping into a speaker that is near.

There you go. aok

-Hal
Posted By: RobCalltrol Re: Paging noise - 10/17/08 08:26 AM
I don't know about the CS100 systems, but I solved it on my X-class. I have a self-amplified horn. If you just connect it to the paging terminals on the first port card's block, then the horn will keep amplifying the static line noise. There should be a set of dry contact terminals that go a long with the paging terminals. I used the dry contact with a relay to trigger the 24 volt power to the horn when the needed. No power, no amplified line noise.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help