atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: crisco3 Need amp suggestions. - 11/04/08 09:59 AM
I am looking for a amp to replace a existing Speco PAT 30. The amp is pretty old and going by the one speaker I can get to a old Executone speaker. Anybody have a suggestion of what to replace it with? Would a Valcom amp work? THanks.
Posted By: Silversam Re: Need amp suggestions. - 11/04/08 10:17 AM
Is the system 70 Volts, 25 Volts or Direct Connect? Valcom is most famous for powered speakers, though I do believe they make a few amps. Bogen, Toa & Dukane all make good amplifiers.

A Google search shows the Speco to be a 10Watt RMS amp with 30 Watts of "Music Power".

Sam
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Need amp suggestions. - 11/04/08 10:27 AM
I've had good luck with Bogen and TOA...I also have several old Altec Lansing systems plugging away.
Posted By: crisco3 Re: Need amp suggestions. - 11/04/08 10:43 AM
Thats my biggest problem I don't know how many volts the old system is running. I was hoping somebody on here would know what those old executone speakers ran. I looked on the outside and found nothing other than the manufacture. IT is a pretty small speaker and horns. I know that means nothing for how many volts are running it.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Need amp suggestions. - 11/04/08 11:58 AM
Thats my biggest problem I don't know how many volts the old system is running. I was hoping somebody on here would know what those old executone speakers ran.

How about looking on the back of the amp and seeing what it says where the speaker wiring is connected? That would be your first clue but by no means the absolute answer, anybody could have done anything.

There is no real way to tell what those speakers are. How many are there? The fact that they are Executone means nothing. Only way is to use an impedance meter or the best method- put a ladder up and look at them.

-Hal
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help