atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mr.Telephone Man DSC 1232 - 11/13/08 08:55 PM
can you get the alarm system to call a cell phone if it goes off?
and what would or could you get when you answer it.??
I have tried many times to get it just to call out and it won't even break dial tone.
Remember I am a phone guy, and the input and output of DT is correct.

appriciate the help guys and girls
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: DSC 1232 - 11/14/08 05:09 AM
I'm not familiar with the 1232 and I've never read the manual but if it's similar to the 832, and it probably is, I'm sure you can get it to dial a cell number but it will not do anything but dial the number. It is designed to dial a receiver that will give the panel a "handshake" before it "dumps" the signal. I will get a manual later today to help you program it if you wish.

With that said, it would let you know something was going on if you get a call from your home and no one is on the other end. Naturally this will only work if you have caller id on your cell phone which I think is on all cell phones nowadays anyway. wink

Another option is to purchase a voice dialer such as this one.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: DSC 1232 - 11/14/08 10:19 AM
I would go with the auto voice dialer as Bobby suggested, you can get it to call multiple numbers and play a prerecorded message. For the cost of the auto dialer it may not even be worth playing around with the panel. One more suggestion is just connect it to the a monitoring service that way if their is a legit alarm and you miss the call someone will still respond
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help